Week 17: Chargers at Arrowhead

onejayhawk

47 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I know Melvin Gordon hasn't had the best year, but I still like him. Would take him on a cheap deal.

Melvin's not a power back.  He's the definition of "get you what the OL blocks."  Yards after contact and vision are his two biggest detriments.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mayanfootball said:

Alot of it is aquired talent and some busts to salt that talent. There are some good  picks, but our scouts underperform

No team does not have busts. And honestly, we've drafted what, 2 real busts in the last 5 or 6 years? Speaks and Russell are the only cases of true dead weight in the first like 3 or 4 rounds in ages. That level of consistency in drafting is elite, honestly.

15 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

When Gordon came out he was what all teams would want.

Not entirely.  He had a lot of the same flaws then that he has now - they were just masked by running behind an extremely talented OL in a scheme that regularly churned out all-star runners.

His vision has always been middling-at-best.  He has the athleticism to hit second gear and rocket through a clean hole - especially when that hole is what's schemed to be the designed run lane.  But even when Gordon came out, power running was never his calling card.

2 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

OAK, HOU, IND all tied  .. BAL heading the Right way … I'd love to see the Raiders again in the Playoffs (which would be the Championshionship Game)

I only wanted them in if they faced us in round 1. Otherwise I don't want Gruden being able to pitch to free agents that he got to the playoffs.

Honestly I'd rather get a better interior OL than RB. Damien Williams was fine late last year when the OL was actually creating holes. Thompson could be incredibly dangerous with good run blocking as well. I'd rather see us return the same RB corp than see us return the same starting 3 inside.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Honestly I'd rather get a better interior OL than RB. Damien Williams was fine late last year when the OL was actually creating holes. Thompson could be incredibly dangerous with good run blocking as well. I'd rather see us return the same RB corp than see us return the same starting 3 inside.

This. Now let's watch OAK win and make the Playoffs.

• Like 1