2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I'd think higher of FFMD had they not been so willy nilly with some of their systems

I mean FFMD was significantly more lighthearted than TCMD. I used to get a lot more upset about both, whether it'd be the overpayments or players franchised on this mock, or just the ridiculousness of FFMD. Just had to remind myself that they're simulations and can't exactly be accurate. If they were then Prince Amukamara would've been a Cardinal like 5 separate times cause I get him about every year it feels like xD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Now you're just making stuff up he doesn't actually say that.

You are alluding to the idea that a team should get the highest pick of the offering team, at the original or above Tendered round.

The CBA says no such thing. It does not dictate that. I wouldnt support a rule in this sort of format that did. That's ludicrous. It does state that if you don't have a pick in said round the offer sheet is nullified

No, I'm not saying the team losing a player gets to pick if the new team has multiple picks in the round. I'm saying they are entitled to the new team's original pick. If the new team no longer owns their original pick, they can still sign the player by handing over a higher pick in that round but not a lower pick. How else do you interpret this language?

Any Club that does not have available, in the upcoming
Draft, the selection choice or choices (its own or better choices in the applicable
rounds) needed to provide Draft Choice Compensation in the event of a timely First
Refusal Exercise Notice may not sign an Offer Sheet in such circumstances

ffmd definitely had it's issues, really had hoped that a merger of sorts could have worked out but myself and the lead mods of ffmd couldn't agree on much of anything.

I really liked that it brought the entire forum together with it being a group project.  The free agent structure just created a mountain of bickering and drama not that this mock doesn't at times.  ffmd's structure piled on the work for the GM having to write pitches, which I too loved doing those pitches, but even the mods that were selecting the winning bids didn't even bother reading the pitches as it was only used to break a bid tie, something that was never mentioned as we were spending time writing this stuff up.  I'm sure favoritism was applied more than once.  

Starting out tcmd a lot of people were upset that I removed the pitch but the problem with the pitch aside from it never really being used to determine a winning bid was that if team A offered more value than team B with less money but a pitch and Team B was awarded the player all hell would break loose.  It was just something I couldn't bring over to tcmd and expect to survive.  

Cool concepts that just weren't thought through.

The talent agency you'd have 32 gm's bidding on like 5 or 8 guys each week, just took too long to build a roster and then when the shark tank opened it would be rage bidding for not being able to land any guys in the talent agency, where the only members that really had any fun with all of this was the teams with mega millions.  Just a flawed system imo that while the concept was for everyone to have fun with it only a select few actually did.

Not saying that what I've got is any better,,,,well I am but I acknowledge that it too has flaws but it is something that even the brokest team can sign guys at the same time as the heavy hitters.

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

my favorite part of FFMD was the massive amount of inter forum participation. 

I loved that too....Giants actually use to have quality discussions.  Wish the heads of it would get fired up and do it again, just run the draft part without a free agency.  Might breathe some life back into some of these slower team forums.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I loved that too....Giants actually use to have quality discussions.  Wish the heads of it would get fired up and do it again, just run the draft part without a free agency.  Might breathe some life back into some of these slower team forums.

Unfortunately there are too many forums that lack interest in such a thing. 

23 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Unfortunately there are too many forums that lack interest in such a thing. 

I hear that...Have a difficult time getting 32 guys for this.

It didn't use to be this difficult.  Seems like a lot of the guys are lost in that mafia thing.

Edited by ny92mike

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I hear that...Have a difficult time getting 32 guys for this.

It didn't use to be this difficult.  Seems like a lot of the guys are lost in that mafia thing.

Hey now, that mafia thing is good fun. 

Green Bay has a nice discord chat that has 3-4 posters participating for the TCMD 2020.  It get hard when you have 3-4 voices and opinions on FA targets, trades, values, prices and contract structure on FA, etc.  Certainly not easy, but it is a good way to get different views on players and values and learn about more players in both FA and the draft.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Hey now, that mafia thing is good fun. 

Green Bay has a nice discord chat that has 3-4 posters participating for the TCMD 2020.  It get hard when you have 3-4 voices and opinions on FA targets, trades, values, prices and contract structure on FA, etc.  Certainly not easy, but it is a good way to get different views on players and values and learn about more players in both FA and the draft.  

lol...I'm not bagging.  It draws in a ton of members.

I still wanna get with you about this discord, I switched cell phone providers and lost my connection to the link you gave me...Not that I need access back into your GB conversation.  Just had some additional questions about that service.

I'll hit you up in PM when I get some time.