2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m not an expert on your cap situation so I can’t speak to all of that, but I would have rather sacrificed other players than JuJu personally. 

keenan Allen vs JuJu you are sacrificing 4 years of career and more explosiveness plus acquiring a much more extensive injury history. 

You got some other nice young pieces to fill voids which is smart but it came at too high of a cost imo 

Just me but I like Keenan more than juju , although you are right, giving up some explosiveness and age

If turay comes out and even has like a 8 sack season IRL , I look at it as a major win cause in the mock he'd be playing with heyward and tuitt up front and Watt on the other side, and under control for 2 years

10 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I like Juju a little more than Keenan, but not a huge drop off.

I feel like Juju was a better fit with Ben though,  Keenan wins on his routes.. not sure Keenan would be as good when the play goes off script

True looking back, maybe I should of just kept juju, let Dupree walk ...and addressed edge and ILB in the draft and had juju and Keenan

17 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

True looking back, maybe I should of just kept juju, let Dupree walk ...and addressed edge and ILB in the draft and had juju and Keenan

I’ll take Diontae off your hands if you don’t plan on starting him.. he’d fit with the mighty midgets over here.

Without Hesitation, the LA Chargers announce the following coaching hires: (for semantics)

Head Coach: Robert Saleh (SF Defensive Coordinator)

Offensive Coordinator: Matt Canada (Pittsburgh QB Coach)

Defensive Coordinator: Joe Woods (Defensive backs Coach)

Special Teams Coach: Leon Washington (Detroit Asst Coach)

Head of Scouting: Rick Reiprish (Steelers Senior Asst Scout)

Head Trainer: Manny Rivera (SF Asst Head Trainer)

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I see Dalton is still on the Bengals cap. Why was the trade to the Colts vetoed? It was a trade with a member of the trade board designed to be entirely within the rules. I'm kind of staggered by this.

This has been explained.

Also, if you have any players that you plan on releasing let me know...I'll give you future picks that have absolutely zero value in this mock so that I don't have to compete with the other 30 teams in the free agency bidding, I know it doesn't sound fair but who cares....I'd hate to have to compete with the other guys and you can pretend that those picks have some meaningful value at the end of the mock to justify it.  ~Future picks that I don't even track.

This has nothing to do with you or Dalton's value but everything to do with an issue that I see as a loophole, which I state those concerns within my guidelines that I will immediately fix what I consider loopholes with the guidelines that I've created.

I made this comment on Jan 15th, I should of detailed it better to include what was vetoed because at the time I was just thinking about the pick for future pick.  I guess I hadn't thought about this until you posted it at which time it caught my attention and concern.  Nonetheless, I voiced my concerns about potential loopholes that would have damaging effects to the entire league, not just a single trade, but to the entire league.  In fact, it was important enough for me to post it within the first sentence.

As far as evaluating trades here is my stance on what I'd bring to the board for review.

A lopsided deal doesn’t concern me until I feel that the trade is actually damaging to the entire league, meaning that by allowing it would develop into a potential loophole within the guidelines or if I felt the trade was being done to game the system.  In addition, I’m personally not a fan of trading future picks for current year picks without some other form of compensation, we see this every year and I’m just not a fan. So know that I’ll be red flagging these for the other board members to review and approve or decline.  Future picks including players or part of a larger trade deal isn’t an issue, just the trades that only include a current pick for a future pick.

@sparky151 My decision to veto that trade is because I saw this as a potential loophole (see above) for a team to completely 'eff up a system designed to prevent the free agency from being depleted.....it's why we don't have a resigning period (that you helped create) outside of voided contracts, it's why we don't allow extensions to free agents no longer under contract, it's why I was opposed to tag n trade or sign and trade.  I work very hard to insure that this mock remains as fair as I can possibly make it, which is why I think it has been so successful.  

This is MY mock draft that I choose to share with you and others.  I work hard to preserve it and when I see a potential loophole within the current structure I have every right as the owner to change them and have stated such within the rules.

This debate on whether or not I'm going to allow a trade that I have clearly shown my concerns for at the very least of it creating a potential loophole is over.  I'm done talking about it, I'm done explaining my reasons why, I'm done listening to someone lecture me about whether or not I'm following my own rules. 

Again this is MY mock, not the forums, not someone else's, MINE...Mike's Mock.  Posting this shock n awe message in the forum isn't going to get my decision overturned.  There isn't some democratic voting process that is going to overrule my decision because it's my job to make sure that the processes for this mock remains fair.  Not just for you but for everyone involved.  A decision that I've tried explaining to you a few times via private message, you just refuse to comprehend what I'm saying.   I encourage feedback and proposals in the proper format again this is listed in the rules as well, you know this.  Like I said in our private discussion you can propose a rule change to counter this and I'll review it and make a decision after this mock draft is over. 

I ******* hate that every goddamn year there has to be this totally unwarranted drama.

Edited by ny92mike
Additional information
  • Like 1