Week 2 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

I don't have a problem throwing short of the sticks if it's 3rd and medium/short because it's typically a play design that allows for room for the receiver to run, and due it having it 3rd and medium, they don't have to run very far....third and nine...third and 8 and still throwing short when they're sitting back. It's a bad recipe. 

Just now, John232 said:

I don't have a problem throwing short of the sticks if it's 3rd and medium/short because it's typically a play design that allows for room for the receiver to run, and due it having it 3rd and medium, they don't have to run very far....third and nine...third and 8 and still throwing short when they're sitting back. It's a bad recipe. 

I'd love to go back and count how many opportunities we've had and how many times we've thrown short of the sticks because it feels like we always do it.

Just now, big9erfan said:

I'd love to go back and count how many opportunities we've had and how many times we've thrown short of the sticks because it feels like we always do it.

Yeah. It'd be interesting to see. It's worth noting, throwing short of the sticks isn't always a play call issue, possibly coaching but not play call. We still have bad receivers and bad receivers tend to not know how to run proper routes and that means cutting them short. That was definitely a problem last year. 

Archived