Week 2 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Pandomonium said:

look dude its clear you are a "any garbage qb is good as long as its not Kap" apologist but people with two eyes can half a brain won't be convinced that hoyer is better than kap 

I'm not about to go back and forth with you in a pissing contest 

Never said he was better. I'm not illogical and never expected Hoyer to be anyone than someone playing the QB position in 2017 for the lack of other options. He was the option as a backup, and when the Cousins trade never materialized, he became the starter. I'm just not stupid enough to complain about him like he's signed for the next 10 years to be the quarterback. He saved money on the cap, and it got rid of a player that was still very terrible himself. 

Yeah, Shanahan didn't want Kap so regardless if he is better than Hoyer or not, it becomes a moot point. This year the QB situation was going to be suspect in all likelihood. And that's fine. While we have talent that is flashing, this is still a bottom tier roster. I mean Goodwin is our #2 WR right now. How many #2 WRs is he better than? Our OL is still is questionable, secondary is solid not great and we still need a premiere pass rusher. 

This is why I don't want Cousins next year. We are still ways away and having him for two years while we are still building doesn't make all that much sense. Better to build with a rookie QB who will get to grow with the team. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, Shanahan didn't want Kap so regardless if he is better than Hoyer or not, it becomes a moot point. This year the QB situation was going to be suspect in all likelihood. And that's fine. While we have talent that is flashing, this is still a bottom tier roster. I mean Goodwin is our #2 WR right now. How many #2 WRs is he better than? Our OL is still is questionable, secondary is solid not great and we still need a premiere pass rusher. 

This is why I don't want Cousins next year. We are still ways away and having him for two years while we are still building doesn't make all that much sense. Better to build with a rookie QB who will get to grow with the team. 

so you're thinking draft a guy with the first overall pick and not go free agency?

It's still laughable Lynch was inactive week 1. Best pass rusher off the edge we have and he's good in the run game as well. Inactive for Xavier Cooper? Really? Xavier Cooper?? I hate when teams overthink things. 

Anyways, I thought Tartt looked better as the game went last week and was interested in seeing how he would look today. And he definitely brought it and built on the week 1 performance. Excited to seeing how he looks with a starters work load. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's an interesting thought process, but we likely won't have this offensive line and receiving crew next year. The team will continue to get better from a personnel standpoint. But, I've been leaning more and more toward the rookie QB as well. WIth as stacked as this class is, it's an easy choice. 

It's still laughable Lynch was inactive week 1. Best pass rusher off the edge we have and he's good in the run game as well. Inactive for Xavier Cooper? Really? Xavier Cooper?? I hate when teams overthink things. 

Anyways, I thought Tartt looked better as the game went last week and was interested in seeing how he would look today. And he definitely brought it and built on the week 1 performance. Excited to seeing how he looks with a starters work load. 

Are you talking about at SS? Because he did start at FS and played with a starter's workload. 

1 minute ago, Pandomonium said:

so you're thinking draft a guy with the first overall pick and not go free agency?

At this point, I think it makes more sense. It's not like Kirk is lighting it up and there will be some good options in the draft this year (hopefully they all come out). It would give us a young player that can develop with the team while costing much less than Kirk would. In addition, there is more potential with a Rosen or Darnold than Kirk will ever have.

1 minute ago, Pandomonium said:

Yeah, I would do that. The risk is no guarantee the drafted QB will be better than a guy like Cousins, but I'm willing to take that risk. Cousins to me isn't a franchise changing type of QB. So if a guy like Rosen or Darnold or Jackson end up being worse, then oh well. 

Yeah, I would do that. The risk is no guarantee the drafted QB will be better than a guy like Cousins, but I'm willing to take that risk. Cousins to me isn't a franchise changing type of QB. So if a guy like Rosen or Darnold or Jackson end up being worse, then oh well. 

I don't really like Jackson. 

I'm rooting for the guy but he just doesn't look the NFL part

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Are you talking about at SS? Because he did start at FS and played with a starter's workload. 

Oh I know he did. But this is the first time he will be playing with starters workload in his career. He did for a bit here and there, but not like this. And Reid is likely to miss some time so he will be the starter even with Ward back. 

I liked how Saleh got all three in the game on passing downs. 

Archived