Saints working out Antonio Brown

tyler735

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He isnt sniffing the field this year. If the NFL allows him to play then Goodell's job is on the line. You do not allow this guy to public bash the NFL and call people Crackers, then take shots at his boy Robert Kraft. Its safe to say that AB will never see the field again. The fact the saints brought him in shows they are desperate to win, this guy should be blackballed from the league after all the nonsense he pulled to bash the league and make a mockery of it. Not to mention what he did to the female off the field.

Every team should be desperate to win a Super Bowl. The NFL is trash and I wish them nothing but misfortune.

27 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Agreed. He's a horrible person. But the guy would be playing for free...could be cut immediately. He has a good chance of embarrassing the franchise, but a Super Bowl would be worth the embarrassment (which is assuming he can keep the crazy under wraps for a month...which of course is no guarantee). CGM and AB would give the Saints the most talented receiving duo in NFL history...I"m pretty confident in that.

Agree with your overall point, but I'd say one of the most talented WR duo's in NFL history. 

I'd still take Moss/Carter, Rice/Owens over Thomas/Brown. I suppose one could argue Holt/Bruce is up there as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He isnt sniffing the field this year. If the NFL allows him to play then Goodell's job is on the line. You do not allow this guy to public bash the NFL and call people Crackers, then take shots at his boy Robert Kraft. Its safe to say that AB will never see the field again. The fact the saints brought him in shows they are desperate to win, this guy should be blackballed from the league after all the nonsense he pulled to bash the league and make a mockery of it. Not to mention what he did to the female off the field.

Maybe? That's purely speculation at this point. The Saints would certainly force the NFL's hand if they go through with this 

Not sure how many have been keeping track of AB on social media over the last 2 months but my god..dude is an absolute nutcase. His twitter TL is an absolute mess. I would be really surprised if he is allowed to return back to the league after seeing the amount of bs he has been tweeting over the last 2 months.

9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Agree with your overall point, but I'd say one of the most talented WR duo's in NFL history. 

I'd still take Moss/Carter, Rice/Owens over Thomas/Brown. I suppose one could argue Holt/Bruce is up there as well.

Yeah...that's a good point. I thought of the Moss/Carter combo...but Carter was over the hill at that point. Didn't consider Rice/Owens...Rice was also aging at that point and Owens hadn't yet become the beast. Holt/Bruce are good...but no chance they would compare to CGM and Brown in regards to ability. Brown is better than Holt and CGM is better than Bruce.

I guess it ultimately comes down to how much you think that AB has left in the tank. I think that he's still a top 5 WR in regards to ability...and add that to CGM who is in my opinion the best WR in the league currently.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Two things I need to get out of the way, right off the bat:

- Pittsburgh is a successful franchise.

- New England is a successful franchise.

I don't think anyone can argue otherwise, but I'm pretty certain we'll get into this as some point.

Here's the thing: any coach who flat out cuts AB when he isn't on the exempt list would have been fired. Letting AB go is one of Belichick's biggest mistakes.

Edited by Elky

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

Here's the thing: any coach who flat out cuts AB when he isn't on the exempt list would have been fired. Letting AB go is one of Belichick's biggest mistakes.

I think that he was pretty much forced into it by Kraft...who has his only bad dealings with the law, and couldn't afford the negative PR.

31 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...that's a good point. I thought of the Moss/Carter combo...but Carter was over the hill at that point. Didn't consider Rice/Owens...Rice was also aging at that point and Owens hadn't yet become the beast. Holt/Bruce are good...but no chance they would compare to CGM and Brown in regards to ability. Brown is better than Holt and CGM is better than Bruce.

I guess it ultimately comes down to how much you think that AB has left in the tank. I think that he's still a top 5 WR in regards to ability...and add that to CGM who is in my opinion the best WR in the league currently.

As a lifelong MN resident and an ex-Vikings fan in the 90's, I don't agree about Carter being over the hill. His game translated too well for him to lose much in his 30's as he was an expert route runner with hands 2nd to none. He put up a 1,200+ yard season and 13 touchdowns at age 34. Honestly Michael Thomas reminds me so much of a modern day Carter, who is still my all time favorite WR, so maybe I'm bias on this lol. I'd tend to think Brown isn't peak Brown from a few years ago, but still one of the top WR's in the game.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1