Hats off to Brian Flores and Ryan Fitzpatrick

BayRaider

They still need a few starting quality OL,1 blue chip EDGE player, and I prefer a legit #2 CB, but Miami's done a good job at building depth, especially in the secondary. A bunch of late round/UDFA's got a lot of playing time and held there own.  UDFA DB's Needham, Parker, and Wiltz should continue to develop in 2020 and hopefully get extended.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

EHLBEy3XYAUlIxk.jpg:large

Courtesy of of @SBLIII

No early in the season they absolutely were historically bad.

No. Early in the season they SEEMED historically bad. So basically you’re just saying that statistically they did no look good. Which, notice I NEVER ARGUED.

I argued that their culture was clearly changing on a week to week basis. They went from week one BELIEVING they were a terrible team after getting blown out by a team most people on this website/media thought would be a middling non-playoff team AT BEST (because Lamar had been figured out). They went from that to after the bye the team felt like they were finally competing for Flores. Then when Fitzmagic came back into the lineup the energy really began to ramp up. Then when they got that first win the momentum ramped up more because they were able to SEE and not just believe.

Stats are useful, but in sports sometimes nuance is just as good an indicator of future success as sports is all about leadership, belief, and teamwork.

@Danger
The nuance I saw early in the season is WHY I felt they would put it together. Clearly that opinion was validated. So if you didn’t see it that way... how can you say I didn’t see those things?

When I LITERALLY pointed these things out in September. There were people like you laughing at that opinion. Clearly one opinion was validated and another was not.

7 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

People need to remember that almost half that team was signed 7-10 days before the season started. They also set a record with most players played in a single season, about half were rookies. 

Exactly. So many mistakes happened from players being out of position. And players just hadn’t bought in because they were young and new and the culture hadn’t been built for them to really latch onto.

Its much easier to transition say a Marcus Peters or Jalen Ramsey or Minkah Fitzpatrick into an established locker room culture. But when you’ve got so many rookies and young players and so few locker room leaders, it takes time to get those players to gel on the fly while also creating the team identity on the fly.

Edited by diamondbull424