You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Easier to win games by limiting mistakes but he's #2 all time losing QB in his 1st 6 years? Makes no sense

Wins are a team stat. There is no 1 person that can win a football game. He has been on a bottom 10 team his entire career talent wise. 

We elevated a team with bottom 10 talent to 12 wins in 2016. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You literally described Derek Carr. Such irony.

Said no one ever. Carr has the same deep passion for football that Gruden does. It is why they are a match made in heaven and Carr is Gruden’s guy.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If wins are all on QB's as you suggest then is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino bc HE won a Super Bowl.  SMH

Do you have any idea as to how clueless you are?  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If wins are all on QB's as you suggest then is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino bc HE won a Super Bowl.  SMH

Do you have any idea as to how clueless you are?  

Doesn’t dan have a higher win % than Trent? 

Edit: Dan is #6 all time in wins Trent isn’t even on the list

http://www.therelativeobserver.com/2018/09/09/qb-winning-percentage/

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Doesn’t dan have a higher win % than Trent? 

Is Brad Johnson a better QB than HOF QB Dan Fouts bc he has a higher career winning percentage and a Super Bowl victory? 

This has to be the most absurd argument I have ever seen.  Anyone who wants to pin wins and losses solely on a QB's shoulders has no clue what they are talking about.   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You are spot on.  Super inconstant #2 that can't be the focal point of an O.  Someone else who understands football and can critically watch him play unlike these other homers.  

What blows my mind is how much the media jocks this guy.  You would think he is the next coming of Jerry Rice the way they hype him up.  I think that most people in the media are force fed information that they vomit all over lazy and uneducated fans  The fans all follow and start to believe things like, "Cooper is one of the best WR's in the NFL".   Anyone who actually watches Cooper knows he is extremely inconsistent. and is no where close to an elite #1  

We fleeced Dallas by stealing their 1st round pick and  sticking them with a 20 million number 2 WR.  Absolutely stellar move by the Raiders.  

Amari Cooper with pre-injury Derek Carr averages per season: 78 receptions, 1,111 yards (14.3 avg), 6 TD

Amari Cooper with post-injury Derek Carr averages per season: 53 receptions 710 yards (13.1 avg), 5 TD

Amari Cooper with Dallas averages per season: 86 receptions, 1,238 yards (14.3 avg), 9 TD

Another weird narrative that the Carr thumpers keep trying to support. Cooper has been a 1,000+ yard guy in 4 of his 5 NFL seasons. The only season he failed to put up 1,000+ yards was in 2017 playing with the new weenie version of Derek Carr. He was top 10 in receiving yards in 2016, averaged 48 ypg with post injury Carr, and then gets to Dallas and produces at a top 10 level again for the last season and a half. Cooper has shown he can and will consistently be in the top 10 for yards and TD. How is he not a #1 WR??? 

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This has to be the most absurd argument I have ever seen.  Anyone who wants to pin wins and losses solely on a QB's shoulders has no clue what they are talking about.   

Not going to pin wins and losses solely on a QB. But when you've lost the second most games in NFL history during a 6 year stretch as a starting QB, there's an issue.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Not going to pin wins and losses solely on a QB. But when you've lost the second most games in NFL history during a 6 year stretch as a starting QB, there's an issue.

Dan Fouts has a .500 career winning percentage.  Does that make him an average QB?

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dan Fouts has a .500 career winning percentage.  Does that make him an average QB?

His own personal statistics would have to come into play as well. Carr can't win and doesn't produce. We put up 14.5 ppg and went 1-5 with the playoffs on the line during the final 6 games of the season. Carr is a scrub son. 

Also why is that Amari Cooper was very good with pre-injury Carr and Dak? And the only time he sucked was with post injury DC? But it must just be his fault. DC couldn't ever do anything wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is Trent Dilfer a better QB than HOF QB Dan Fouts bc he has a higher career winning percentage and a Super Bowl victory? 

I knew you’d pick fouts I was always meh about him. 

yea he got 4K yards 3 seasons but in 1979 his pro bowl/1st team all pro year he had 4K yards but 24td/24ints I seriously doubt he’d make the pro bowl or all pro now with those #’s. He just did something new which was airing that field out which led to a nice 3 year run. 

1980 almost 5k yards 30tds/24intd Jameis Winston type years again pro bowl. 

imo fouts only had 2 good years in 79, 81 maybe 82 also but I’ve always thought he was one of the most overrated qbs of all time just my opinion very high td/int ratio