You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In fairness to Carr he was going to get hit hard by that DB if he tried to take off running.

I can agree to an extent But we seen this movie many times since the leg injury. He doesn’t even try anymore. Even Drew Lock would have made the effort to try more than immediately give up.

If Carr holds the ball one more step, not second, he has Renfrow crossing in front open. He gave up on the play. Then he turned around and blamed Kolton Miller which isn't shown in the clip. There may have been a blown assignment, but he could have still given the play a chance to succeed. A little more want to is whats needed.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ragingraider said:

If Carr holds the ball one more step, not second, he has Renfrow crossing in front open. He gave up on the play. Then he turned around and blamed Kolton Miller which isn't shown in the clip. There may have been a blown assignment, but he could have still given the play a chance to succeed. A little more want to is whats needed.

I’ve never seen a QB give up on plays like Carr. It’s mind boggling and frustrating. He doesn’t want to let the play develop or take a hit

4 hours ago, ragingraider said:

This but good had his head turned and had kolt picked up the outside guy it would’ve gave the inside dline a free inside lane to carr. Oline are always taught to get the inside rusher vs outside. Hunter was open tho but carr didn’t want to risk getting hit.

Executive decision: run a lil, buy a second, maybe get hit, attempt to complete the pass to hunter, get the first, look like a tough guy real qb 

or

Don’t get hit, throw it away, blame someone else, brag about completion %, tell media you can’t wait to get some Vegas fresh air

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

in all seriousness, and in real time I was very angry with this play. come on man, make a play.

but, as i have said before, Carrs mindset is to play for the next possession... and to not make it easier for the opposing O.
IIRC, we came back and had a chance at winning this game. If carr throws a pick or fumbles here we do not have a chance.

This play sucks to watch, but, seeing how the game ended, it demonstrates that Carr believed the D would give him another chance, and they did just that. 

I hate this play, I really do. 
But, I really do think its more than just Carr. Hes been doing it all season, If gruden was ripping into him in the film room/ in front of teamates, I dont think hed continue to do it?

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

For 125 million, QBs are expected to make those plays when things break down. Thread the needle or attempt to make a play. The fear of fumbling or throwing a pick is something QBs risk all game.

absolutely, I agree. I would love to see Carr take more chances. Especially since it was Hunter, who carr seems to really trust, I expected that ball to be thrown. 
It was a lber, who was flat footed, chasing hunter accross the middle, at the very least throw the ball towards the numbers and see if hunter can make a diving grab. if not we punt anyways.
no excuses that was a bad play. 
I hope gruden is ripping into Carr for it, but my fear, is that gruden isnt. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

absolutely, I agree. I would love to see Carr take more chances. Especially since it was Hunter, who carr seems to really trust, I expected that ball to be thrown. 
It was a lber, who was flat footed, chasing hunter accross the middle, at the very least throw the ball towards the numbers and see if hunter can make a diving grab. if not we punt anyways.

True. At this point if the year, Gruden probably had it with Carr. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I agree that you want Carr to do more there, but what we should be focusing on is why the OL didn't block 4 guys.