You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Go dig a little and you'll realize that there are people on here who wanted to punt to 2020 from August onward for Lawrence next year.

Their minds are made up. Carr could have an All-Star record breaking year but the Tua and Trevor fanboys would swear their first born child that they would 100% be better than Carr, no question about it whatsoever. 

Kind of like those who want to throw 1st round picks at the same position over and over and over because "you can't have enough pass rushers" and would be willing to switch to an 8-1-2 scheme for it. 

As a "Carr Fanboy" and father of 3, I would bet my first born that TLaw will be better then Carr from day 1. 

Lawerence is the greatest prospect I have evaluated on either side of the ball... by a landslide.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Question 

if we did trade Carr who would be a serious trade partner and for what compensation?

ive seen gb, car, no.....

Tampa Bay is clearly a perfect fit. Bruce Bruce, will fit Carr perfectly. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The gutless play is the clincher. You can't expect a team to get behind a QB who gives up on plays so easily. 

and yes. We have to wait until the offseason. You know just about every year there's a fast-rising QB after the combine that gets shot up the boards

You expect guys (Trent, ty will, hunter, Jacobs) to risk it all for a qb who shows no guts. Not gonna happen. Especially since
-Trent been in the huddle with Brady 

-Jacobs with tua 

-hunter with 2 clutch qbs at Clem

-ty will with rivers

I can only imagine what those guys think of carr besides hunter lol 

Too much at stake for Carr to be playing scared

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

Oh yeah, those 1 yard passes is just what let it fly down field Bruce Arians always dreamed of having in his offense 

Carr throws a dime of a deep ball. Grudens offense doesn't do that.

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

As a "Carr Fanboy" and father of 3, I would bet my first born that TLaw will be better then Carr from day 1. 

Lawerence is the greatest prospect I have evaluated on either side of the ball... by a landslide.

Strong words coming from you. I do agree I see Lawrence as a better prospect than both Luck and Manning. No doubt at all that he’s better than Carr even right now at Clemson. He is the definition of NFL throws. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

What kind of drugs are you on?

Carr’s deep ball is far from good when he actually throws it. Not sure you are watching the Raiders these last 2 years 

and Gruden has emphasized multiple times he wants to stretch the field and “let it fly”

im sorry that your love of Carr makes it impossible to see or hear any facts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

He throws a pretty spiral, but it is the most inaccurate deep ball in the league, always out of bounds where nobody can catch it or he waits too late to throw it and it ends up a jump ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, true2form said:

https://youtu.be/zBXce4M_UR8

Bunch of interviews with different guys. DC at the end with some reaction to go along with these quotes.

Can clearly see that he believes he will be the starter next year.

I watched it yesterday Carr’s voice didn’t seem confident. Plus with them training in Napa still it’s a lot of time till Vegas. He could be tell the truth but I don’t think the coaches are being honest with him. He’s basically the last of reg big 3. 

21 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Its unfortunate. He really seemed to have it a few years back. All you have to do is watch him play to see the fear that exudes from his game. Fear of making mistakes, fear of throwing picks, fear of being hit.

I'm a big Carr fan but YOU ARE RIGHT here...You mention Dalton and I could see Gruden trading Carr if he gets value and adding Dalton as he'll see him as the same but a 'project' instead of a 'rebuild' of confidence and would stoke Gruden's EGO for any success in post season after years of Cinci failure...

PS Even though I say you're right doesn't mean I'm willing to toss Carr aside. I have a glimmer of hope that he'll let that fear go and succeed to levels we all hope for. Wishful thinking I know, but if he's our QB I'll ALWAYS hope for that. Prove me right DC. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I watched it yesterday Carr’s voice didn’t seem confident. Plus with them training in Napa still it’s a lot of time till Vegas. He could be tell the truth but I don’t think the coaches are being honest with him. He’s basically the last of reg big 3. 

Carr would rather be with his family and wife and kids. That's what he really thinks about and it shows in his interviews. He's just not a gamer to me. He can say all the right things in an interview and it has gotten him far. It's ridiculous people can watch this guy and think he will lead us to the promise land. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, CaribouLou said:

Carr would rather be with his family and wife and kids. That's what he really thinks about and it shows in his interviews. He's just not a gamer to me. He can say all the right things in an interview and it has gotten him far. It's ridiculous people can watch this guy and think he will lead us to the promise land. 

100% agreed. There is literally no fire in the guy what so ever when it comes to football. He’s extremely passive. 

He’s a nice guy, I like him as a person. But it’s quite obvious he wants to spend majority of his off time with family and religion while many QBs are watching tape every day in the off season, studying the play book and talking to the coach daily, and working out constantly. I doubt Carr does this, I just don’t see that fire literally at all. This guys passion is family and religion which is totally fine, absolutely respectable! His passion is NOT there. And he’s not a football player. I’ve seen this dude CRY multiple, MULTIPLE times on the field. I’ve NEVER seen any other QB cry. He’s mentally weak. I almost think he’ll retire instead of going to another team and focus on family/religion (which, once again, is completely fine). 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, G said:

I'm a big Carr fan but YOU ARE RIGHT here...You mention Dalton and I could see Gruden trading Carr if he gets value and adding Dalton as he'll see him as the same but a 'project' instead of a 'rebuild' of confidence and would stoke Gruden's EGO for any success in post season after years of Cinci failure...

PS Even though I say you're right doesn't mean I'm willing to toss Carr aside. I have a glimmer of hope that he'll let that fear go and succeed to levels we all hope for. Wishful thinking I know, but if he's our QB I'll ALWAYS hope for that. Prove me right DC. :)

I feel the same. If he is a Raider, I will root for him. I keep hoping he comes around as well. For all my negativity, I really like Carr. He seems like a good person. A smart family guy. I respect that for sure.

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Question 

if we did trade Carr who would be a serious trade partner and for what compensation?

ive seen gb, car, no.....

Maybe Tampa Bay would be interested. Arians would definitely move on from Winston. He believes that Tampa's defense is solid and if Winston had been efficient they would be a playoff contender. Combine that with the idea that they could then focus on RB, Oline in the draft, it might be attractive. Carr is making dollars, but his contract is not in crazy land for a QB.

I can see them cutting Winston, trading for Carr using their second round pick and the Raiders picking up Dalton on a short term 2-3 year deal at about 10 million a year. That might be considered a win win. Raiders get someone Gruden might think is comparable, easily replaceable, half the money, and a second round pick. Tampa gets a potential franchise QB in his prime with a couple years left on his deal, who given a solid defense and the receivers they have in place might manage the offense to 3 or 4 more wins than Winston. The Tampa fan base might be excited by the uber efficiency of Carr after having an absolute turnover machine at the helm the last couple of years.

I could also see Tampa with interest in Dalton though.