You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

@bucksavage1 he doesn't throw deep because that is not what the offense dictates.

This is why Carr won't be traded and cut unless there is a no doubt about it upgrade available.

Because Carr goes to TB and let's Bruce Bruce call plays for him and he will break records. Dropping deep ball dimes on everyone and Mayock would be fired for letting that man walk. 

That man no longer exist.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

One good throw downfield in a meaningless game and he's the best deep ball thrower out there? Dude's deep ball hangs longer than a child's picture on their grandparent's wall. Why hasn't Carr been an effective deep ball thrower in any system that he has played in?

He has you just blinded with hate for the guy. That's your prerogative. He slung it around the first couple years. As he grew up as a QB he realized he needed to play within the offense more. And that's exactly what he does and exactly why Gruden loves him. He takes what the defense gives him and plays within the offense. He doesn't try to do to much putting us in bad situations. And he takes care of the football. 

Going off script and making plays out of the confines of the offense is the sign of a undisciplined QB. No thanks for me. 

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

He has you just blinded with hate for the guy. That's your prerogative. He slung it around the first couple years. As he grew up as a QB he realized he needed to play within the offense more. And that's exactly what he does and exactly why Gruden loves him. He takes what the defense gives him and plays within the offense. He doesn't try to do to much putting us in bad situations. And he takes care of the football. 

Going off script and making plays out of the confines of the offense is the sign of a undisciplined QB. No thanks for me. 

And his play is the primary reason we went 1-5 down the stretch while averaging 14.5 ppg (lowest in the league) while in position to earn a playoff spot.

I don't hate Derek Carr and think that he'll be the starting QB here next season. But he's not good pushing the ball down the field, his deep ball hangs and he's scared to take chances. The only reason his efficiency numbers are good is because it's such a small sample size and he only takes shots if the guy is wide open.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Same excuses recycled his entire career. Through all these different coaching changes and personnel changes. We get the same results. Same excuses in year 7 now 🤦.  You guys are really like a cult.

You are a prisoner of the moment and place far to much blame on the QB for the teams struggles.

The last memory you have of carr is leading a 6-4 team to a 1-5 record to finish the season and missing the playoffs.

I just know that it's a team sport. No one player can win or lose an NFL game. He played damn well given the hand he was dealt. 

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

@bucksavage1 he doesn't throw deep because that is not what the offense dictates.

This is why Carr won't be traded and cut unless there is a no doubt about it upgrade available.

Because Carr goes to TB and let's Bruce Bruce call plays for him and he will break records. Dropping deep ball dimes on everyone and Mayock would be fired for letting that man walk.

The offense doesn't dictate to throw the ball more than 15 yards? There's not one NFL offense or College that forces QBs to not throw it deep. Carr just doesn't have what it takes. He's a backup QB and game manager. Hardly no effect on the game. That's why we can't beat good teams

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

Same excuses recycled his entire career. Through all these different coaching changes and personnel changes. We get the same results. Same excuses in year 7 now 🤦.  You guys are really like a cult.

Every year same thing.

Last year people swore if Carr could get protected, we would see a return back to his career year...he passed for 5 more yards

Raiders had a much better line, better receiving weapons, better running backs and Carr still looks the same

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The offense doesn't dictate to throw the ball more than 15 yards? There's not one NFL offense or College that forces QBs to not throw it deep. Carr just doesn't have what it takes. He's a backup QB and game manager. Hardly no effect on the game. That's why we can't beat good teams

The offense dictates 95% of the offense is running the rock, quick passes where the ball is thrown within 10 yards of the LOS and requires WR to be able to make someone miss and have good YAC ability. 

Gruden calls maybe 3 or 4 plays a game where the primary or secondary read are running routes over 15 yards. 

There is not a throw in the book that Carr can't make your a fool if you believe he is the problem.

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr is not going to be the starter next year or on the roster. Can't win a Super Bowl with him. Can't even beat KC either 

Lol I wish I could put that quote in my sig to embarrass you come May.

Just like last year lol. I'll be here with the "I told you so" gif. 

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

The offense dictates 95% of the offense is running the rock, quick passes where the ball is thrown within 10 yards of the LOS and requires WR to be able to make someone miss and have good YAC ability. 

Gruden calls maybe 3 or 4 plays a game where the primary or secondary read are running routes over 15 yards. 

There is not a throw in the book that Carr can't make your a fool if you believe he is the problem.

I’m glad Gruden gave you a copy of the playbook and talked to you about his system.........

it’s pretty clear (obviously not for you) that every HC OC had to handicap the offense to fit Carr’s strengths. Then 2016 musgrave masked Carr’s deficiencies and built the offense suitable to Carr’s strengths. 

Carr does float his deep ball when if he actually throws one.

what makes you think Gruden only calls a few deep plays???? Obviously if the deep route is open Gruden wants it. Carr just never can see that far. 
so does Gruden call 3rd & 4th down roll out to your right and throw it at the dirt? 

Carrs deep ball is not good. How many times in real games have you seen him sling a deep ball right over a defender like that perfectly on target?? NEVER. Pro Bowl and Pre Season don’t count cause he has no mental block those games. He has played scared his entire career. The only time he throws deep is if they are WIDE OPEN. By miles. I’ve seen this with Tyrell this year and Amari in the past. 

Someone even had the NERVE, the absolute NERVE to say he was a gunslinger his first few years . L-O-L. Carr was never a gunslinger. He has been ULTRA CONSERVATIVE since college across five different coaching staffs. He was bubble screen, under ten yard passes, and flat passes galore in college. 

As for 2016, he averaged 7.0 YPA. He was conservative. Stop looking at the Raiders comebacks and saying he’s not. You’ll find like four Amari 30 yard bombs when he is WIDE OPEN and quite a few 15 yard Crabtree fades. 

Carr will only throw to guys when they are WIDE OPEN. That won’t work. It won’t. A great QB throws guys open and throws SUCCESSFULLY in tight windows. 2016 is one of the most overrated QB seasons I’ve ever seen. You Carr bros can ask NFL Gen about that season, it was solid but nothing great. 

As someone else said, the Carr supporters on here is literally like a cult. They try tire us out with 47 different excuses every year, won’t shut up until we give in, even though what they are saying is so outlandish and absolutely comical. 

• Like 1