You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

One more thought on Carr and Gruden. I think Gruden is more frustrated with Carr's unwillingness to use his legs and get some yards on the ground and extend plays than almost anything else. That is the reason I think Gruden is considering moving on from Carr. Throwing the ball away in the first quarter when nobody is open and a sack is imminent is good football. Throwing it away to not get hit in the 4th quarter with the game on the line is terrible. There have been so many opportunities for Carr to pick up yards on the ground and that just hasn't been part of his game at all. 

He had 82 yards rushing for the season people. That's about 5 yards per game! C'mon man!!!

Matt Ryan had 147. Matt slow as hell Ryan had nearly double the rush yards. 

Drew Lock had 72 yards in 5 games.

Carr is bottom 5 in the league in terms of rushing yards among starters who played 16 games. 43 year old Tom Brady, old as hell Rivers, and a few others had less. 

What's so weird is that Carr is pretty quick. He ran a 4.69 which is pretty fast. Drew lock had the same 40 time. Matt Ryan ran a 4.89 in 2008! He put up basically double the rush yards this year in 2019. He doesn't run a sub 5 second 40 anymore that's for sure. Tom Brady ran a 5.28 in 2000. Tom Brady averaged about 3 yards less a game rushing than Carr in 2019. Tom Brady probably runs a 6 second 40 at this point. 

There is no excuse for Carr not extending a few plays making picking up a first down once or twice a game. Pretty pathetic.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CaribouLou said:

Carr would rather be with his family and wife and kids. That's what he really thinks about and it shows in his interviews. He's just not a gamer to me. He can say all the right things in an interview and it has gotten him far. It's ridiculous people can watch this guy and think he will lead us to the promise land. 

That is what it comes down to.

Can Carr lead the Raiders to a super bowl? The answer is NO.

and since the answer is NO...he gots to go. His contract can be given to a rookie and a new defensive starter or two

1 hour ago, ragingraider said:

I have to share this play by Carr in the 2016 pro bowl game. This is what Carr has lost. Keep in mind that this is a meaningless exhibition game because this isn't a play you will see from him anymore even in a meaningful game. 

This is a different QB than the Carr we have today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juYQdBQ-TcQ

This was one of his best...

Yeah that it is what we are missing. Remember yourself Carr! I want that guy back. The gunslinger. The confidence. The passion. He had it. He really did. He has the arm. He has the tools. He just needs to get his head right. 

I don't think there is a better option right now. We probably need to give him one more year to put it all together. Hopefully, the move to Vegas will give Carr an opportunity to rekindle his game. It could happen. I hope it does. 

Yeah that it is what we are missing. Remember yourself Carr! I want that guy back. The gunslinger. The confidence. The passion. He had it. He really did. He has the arm. He has the tools. He just needs to get his head right. 

I don't think there is a better option right now. We probably need to give him one more year to put it all together. Hopefully, the move to Vegas will give Carr an opportunity to rekindle his game. It could happen. I hope it does. 

This is about where I am right now. To be honest I’m more interested in next years class with T Law and Fields who are the obvious standouts. Both guys could fit Gruden’s offense, Fields in particular could fit very well. Also I’m sure there’s going to be some guy who breaks out that no one is talking about right now. Happens every year this year it’s Burrow, last year it was Murray and the year before Mayfield. 

How many give him one more year to put it all together does he get? If he hasn't put it together by now, it's never going to happen. He is what he is.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ragingraider said:

One more thought on Carr and Gruden. I think Gruden is more frustrated with Carr's unwillingness to use his legs and get some yards on the ground and extend plays than almost anything else.

There is no excuse for Carr not extending a few plays making picking up a first down once or twice a game. Pretty pathetic.

You're probably right and from Carr's perspective he broke his back scrambling if I recall and lost us two games fumbling at the goalline while scrambling. Every time he scrambles the gameday thread gets nervous. LOL So I'm sure it's in his head too and he probably wants to change that but it's more in his head as you can see. The Jags slide he was pumped because he thought he won the game on a scramble and thought he was smart for sliding towards the sideline in case of fumble but his momo took him out and refs stopped the clock.A slightly better angle and maybe we play better against Denver and maybe Jacobs plays.Jacobs looked tore up the first game he wasn't in. Doesn't matter, Gruden's first two seasons have been jinxed...

Vegas better light some sage and hire a voodoo curse lifter. 

I'm sure the karma won't follow...We did trade him so....Madden curse be damned. LOL 

PS NEVER allow Jacobs on the cover. NEVER!!!

Edited by G

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

How many give him one more year to put it all together does he get? If he hasn't put it together by now, it's never going to happen. He is what he is.

Yes. It isn't how the NFL works now. You don't continue to get year after year to put it together. 2nd and 3rd year players get that to develop but not 7th year QBs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

This was one of his best...

@bucksavage1 he doesn't throw deep because that is not what the offense dictates.

This is why Carr won't be traded and cut unless there is a no doubt about it upgrade available.

Because Carr goes to TB and let's Bruce Bruce call plays for him and he will break records. Dropping deep ball dimes on everyone and Mayock would be fired for letting that man walk. 

18 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

@bucksavage1 he doesn't throw deep because that is not what the offense dictates.

This is why Carr won't be traded and cut unless there is a no doubt about it upgrade available.

Because Carr goes to TB and let's Bruce Bruce call plays for him and he will break records. Dropping deep ball dimes on everyone and Mayock would be fired for letting that man walk. 

One good throw downfield in a meaningless game and he's the best deep ball thrower out there? Dude's deep ball hangs longer than a child's picture on their grandparent's wall. Why hasn't Carr been an effective deep ball thrower in any system that he has played in?

• Like 5