2019 Wild Card Playoffs

Leader

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I thought we a guy extended both arms out shoulder height they were giving themselves up? The guy clearly did that prior to catching the ball. 

Don’t think that’s even necessary anymore.  All I’m saying is be consistent, FFS.  If you’re going to blow the whistle 95% of the time a guy decides NOT to come out (without having to kneel down) then don’t be an idiot and decide to be “different”, especially in a playoff game.  That, or start enforcing kneel-downs again across the board.

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I haven’t seen a KO returner take a knee in the endzone in years.  The refs have been consistently blowing the play dead as soon as the returner makes the decision to not come out - no knee needed anymore.  At least that’s how it’s been treated in the last couple of seasons.

Most guys just let the ball go because as soon as it hits the end zone it’s dead. If they field it, they have to take a knee. That’s the rule. I haven’t seen anyone field the ball and the play be blown dead on the spot. 

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Most guys just let the ball go because as soon as it hits the end zone it’s dead. If they field it, they have to take a knee. That’s the rule. I haven’t seen anyone field the ball and the play be blown dead on the spot. 

I have, many, many times.  They wouldn’t have reversed the call today if it wasn’t already a practice.

Edited by Sasquatch