Cromartie

Quinn (practice squad)

Reed

FREE AGENCY

Austin Hooper TE 4 years

James Bradberry CB 3 years

Corey Littlejohn ILB 3 years

DRAFT

Trades Ryan Kerrigan and a 5th to Detroit for their 3rd round pick.

Scherrf (Tag and Trade) to cleveland for a 2nd and 4th

Alex Smith (if healthy) to Chicago for a 5th

1. Chase Young DE Ohio State

2.(browns) Justin Jefferson WR LSU

3.Trey Smith )G/T Tennessse

3.(LIons) Calvin Throckmorton OT Oregon

4.(Browns) Harrison Bryant TE FAU

4. Antoine Winfield Jr FS Minnesota

4.(Comp) CB Damon Arnette

5.(Chicago) KJ Hill WR Ohio St.

5 Cam Akers RB FSU

6.(Denver last year trade) Steven Montez QB Colorado

7. Jordan Mack OLB UVA

ROUGH DEPTH CHART

QB haskins/keenum/montez

RB Guice/Love/Peterson/Akers

WR Mclaurin/Jefferson/Sims/Harmon/Hill/C.Sims

TE Hooper/Bryant/Sprinkle

LT Williams/Christian

LG Flowers/Smith

OC Roullier/Pierschbacher

RG Martin/Smith

RT Moses/Throckmorton

DE Young/Anderson

DT Payne/ Settle/ Brantley

DT Allen/ Ioannidis

DE Sweat/ Brailford

WLB SDH/JHC/Mack

ILB Littlejohn/ Bostic

SLB Foster/Holcomb

CB Dunbar/Arnette/Moreland

CB Bradberry/Moreau/ Johnson

FS Winfield Jr/Nicholson/Apke

SS Collins/Everette

BREAKDOWN BY POSITION

QB- Resigned Keenum who is familiar with O'Connels offense and drafted a late round QB in Montez who could take over as number two when Keenum is gone

RB- Kept the same as we expect but drafted Cam Akers, Rivera could decide he wants to cut peterson so we would need another RB in Akers

WR- drafted Jefferson and Hill, Jefferson could be gone but i have quite a few WRs in front of him, Hill is a do it all WR Haskins has familiarity with

TE-swung for the fences with hooper who can block and catch, drafted Bryant who is really mostly a reciever, sprinkle is the primary blocking TE

OT- Rivera brings back Trent who we need, I have us drafting Throckmorton in the 3rd incase moses struggles and also trey smith can play all over the line

OG- Goodbye Scherrf, Martin Starts but could be replaced by Smiths upside. Flowers earns a spot to start after this past season

OC- No real change

DE- Hello Chase Young! Him and Montez reak Havoc on QBs next year, Kerrigan gets traded for pics/ cap room, anderson and brailford become backup DEs

DT- Nothing Changes, thought about trading Ioannidis but i like the heavy rotation, could be similar to the 49ers rotation

WLB- this is huge for SDH and JHC, they can finally play to their skill sets

ILB- LittleJohn comes in and starts right away, hes been awesome this year and we resign bostic to be his primary backup

SLB Foster and Holcombe hold it down, hoping Foster turns out to be what we have needed at LB for a while

CB Bradberry in FA gives us a good cornewr opposite of Dunny. Moreau and Arnette will be their primary backups but Arnette and Morland will man the slot as well

FS Winfield Jr I think can come in and start over Monte, I see us finally playing more of a center field approach at FS which should also help Monte

SS No change here, Landon will have more of an opportunity to play in the box

Thoughts?

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

Well done. Before Rivera was confirmed I pushed for them to sign McKenzie Alexander, but now Bradberry just makes more sense. Like the Winfield pick, with Nicholson’s penalties and weekly missed assignments I can see him playing his way into Del Rio’s dog house early on. I doubt there’s many teams out there looking to trade for a guard but we’ll see. With all those added picks I would have like to see a corner taken earlier but that’s just picking hairs. Jefferson would be a great addition if he lasted that long

Edited by bigdog44
  • Like 1

I like it other than Quinn being cut - there’s just no reason for it - I think Quinn will make the team but be the 4th or 5th WR, Sims Jr has clearly jumped him.

Also if we sign Corey Littleton, he’ll be a WLB, not a MLB.

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Well done. Before Rivera was confirmed I pushed for them to sign McKenzie Alexander, but now Bradberry just makes more sense. Like the Winfield pick, with Nicholson’s penalties and weekly missed assignments I can see him playing his way into Del Rio’s dog house early on. I doubt there’s many teams out there looking to trade for a guard but we’ll see. With all those added picks I would have like to see a corner taken earlier but that’s just picking hairs. Jefferson would be a great addition if he lasted that long

I think we’ll sign Tre Boston to be our new starting FS. Nicholson may not even make our team next year. He and Apke could be battling it out for the back up spot.

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think we’ll sign Tre Boston to be our new starting FS. Nicholson may not even make our team next year. He and Apke could be battling it out for the back up spot.

Entirely possible. Monte has an offseason to get his act together

17 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Quinn (practice squad)

He's ineligible for the practice squad. I'm with @turtle28 on this one - what's the point in cutting him at this juncture? He's dirt cheap to keep.

17 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

RB- Kept the same as we expect but drafted Cam Akers, Rivera could decide he wants to cut peterson so we would need another RB in Akers

Peterson is on a team option that must be executed by February 26th (if my math is correct; 22 days before the start of the 2020 league year (which begins on March 18)). They'll have made their decision on Peterson long before the draft.

Edited by Woz
Added piece about Peterson's status

7 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Entirely possible. Monte has an offseason to get his act together

It’s more than just that, Monte flashed as a rookie but now has had two down years as a FS. I wouldn’t cut him, but even if we don’t sign a vet FS to compete with him and Apke, Apke should be given every opportunity to be the starting FS. Frankly, I felt the little that Apke played last year that he showed more than Monte.

Peterson was at the Rivera press conference. Rivera spoke to those players who attended it with his messages for them. After the press conference Peterson went up to Rivera and shook his and they talked. Rivera spoke about team leadership and accountability from the players in order to get things like that, he’s going to need vets like Peterson in the lockeroom and in that running back meeting room for Guice and Bryce Love. There’s no reason not to retain Peterson.

Great job.

I think (one of) the biggest priorities heading into the draft is finding a few more picks. Personally, I think the way to get there is to trade Trent Williams. Even with the new leadership, I think that bridge is charred and it could be a tense, potentially toxic, situation if he comes back. Thanks Bruce.

I think Scherff will bolt after the year. So I'm okay with moving on from him too.

Love the Hooper signing. Don't think we need to go WR in the 2nd. That would be drafting for want, not need, with the first two picks. I understand the Young pick of course. With the second round pick, I'd be looking at the line, a CB, or even another TE (see Ravens). 

Would anyone be surprised if we take a QB late?

17 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Great job.

I think (one of) the biggest priorities heading into the draft is finding a few more picks. Personally, I think the way to get there is to trade Trent Williams. Even with the new leadership, I think that bridge is charred and it could be a tense, potentially toxic, situation if he comes back. Thanks Bruce.

I think Scherff will bolt after the year. So I'm okay with moving on from him too.

Love the Hooper signing. Don't think we need to go WR in the 2nd. That would be drafting for want, not need, with the first two picks. I understand the Young pick of course. With the second round pick, I'd be looking at the line, a CB, or even another TE (see Ravens). 

Would anyone be surprised if we take a QB late?

I agree about not needing a WR in round 2, but if that’s the BPA, you take them. It’s about getting the best players on your team, not just filling needs. Filling needs is for free agency, for the draft you take the best player available in a position you need or just the best player available overall. Don’t draft for need.

I do agree that in round 2 I’d rather see a corner, lineman, TE or I’ll add a free safety or a linebacker to your list too.

Its clear that the bridge has not been burned for Trent. He made that clear when he blamed Bruce and not Dan Snyder. Rivera is already working to repair that relationship. I understand most don’t want him back and want the draft pick or picks for Trent, but I 100% believe that Trent will be in a Redskins uniform next year.

I agree with your position on Scherff, but I do think he’ll be franchised to see if he earns the huge deal that he wants, and if he doesn’t next year then, let him walk in 2021 and take the comp pick.

I want a rebuild with this new coaching staff.

The only vet, I would consider keeping is Ryan Kerrigan. A true Redskins warrior. Not a piss test away from being suspended. Not an off the field incident waiting to happen. A true Redskins leader.

That means I want Trent Williams traded, even if it puts a hole at LT.

I want Paul Richardson traded...

I want Josh Norman traded...

I want Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis traded.

I want Monte Nicholson Traded

I want as many old regime vets traded for draft picks, so we can use these draft resources to build this team.

I know we probably won't cut or trade all of them & that's ok too.

But I'm ready to start fresh with our young group & try to build a dynasty.

Because we're due.

I also still want Chase Young at #1, if we can trade up for him. (Using players & not picks to move up)

Of course, hopefully he'll be there at #2 but I doubt it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree about not needing a WR in round 2, but if that’s the BPA, you take them. It’s about getting the best players on your team, not just filling needs. Filling needs is for free agency, for the draft you take the best player available in a position you need or just the best player available overall. Don’t draft for need.

I do agree that in round 2 I’d rather see a corner, lineman, TE or I’ll add a free safety or a linebacker to your list too.

Its clear that the bridge has not been burned for Trent. He made that clear when he blamed Bruce and not Dan Snyder. Rivera is already working to repair that relationship. I understand most don’t want him back and want the draft pick or picks for Trent, but I 100% believe that Trent will be in a Redskins uniform next year.

I agree with your position on Scherff, but I do think he’ll be franchised to see if he earns the huge deal that he wants, and if he doesn’t next year then, let him walk in 2021 and take the comp pick.

I think it's BPA with the first but gets a little grey after that. I think it should be grayer as you get deeper in the draft. I know BPA was a SM philosophy and I liked SM. So I won't dig in on that.

I was open to trading Trent before the Bruce fiasco. If we moved to to Browns for their 1st, we'd have 2 top 10 picks. I know that ship has sailed. I don't know if Rivera is trying to salvage things with Trent. I think he's more so trying to see where Trent stands. But even if Trent says he's open to coming back, I think too much damage has been done sadly. It's like (obvious differences of course) a battered wife returning to her home, even with the husband gone. It's the scene of the crime.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

I want a rebuild with this new coaching staff.

The only vet, I would consider keeping is Ryan Kerrigan. A true Redskins warrior. Not a piss test away from being suspended. Not an off the field incident waiting to happen. A true Redskins leader.

That means I want Trent Williams traded, even if it puts a hole at LT.

I want Paul Richardson traded...

I want Josh Norman traded...

I want Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis traded.

I want Monte Nicholson Traded

I want as many old regime vets traded for draft picks, so we can use these draft resources to build this team.

I know we probably won't cut or trade all of them & that's ok too.

But I'm ready to start fresh with our young group & try to build a dynasty.

Because we're due.

I also still want Chase Young at #1, if we can trade up for him. (Using players & not picks to move up)

Of course, hopefully he'll be there at #2 but I doubt it.

THAT is how you change a culture!