2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jenkins had 8 PBUs and 0 INTs?

Judging things off box score scouting is so dumb anyways.

Guess its good we passed on Byron Jones cause of the lack of interceptions lol.

Im actually happy we let go of jenkins his play fell off drastically. Also i preferred Bradberry over Jones. 

And no judging what u see on gameday is what you go off, Mc**** always out of position or not being aggressive enough, Making poor tackles when he had to, Horrible at deep zone coverage. Just overall trash

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah we should just spend that money on Byron Jones, James Bradburry, Darqueze Dennard, Trae Waynes........

This is a weird eagles off season. I don't know what to tell you. But on a day where extending malcolm jenkins makes no sense. Trading for slay equally makes no sense.

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Any idea what we got left after the moves?

Not really but they had over 40 million and what they have spent on Mills, McLeod and Hargrave I think maybe washes with what they freed up moving on from Jenkins

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

This is a weird eagles off season. I don't know what to tell you. But on a day where extending malcolm jenkins makes no sense. Trading for slay equally makes no sense.

This is why I am taking over for Howie to restore order......

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah we should just spend that money on Byron Jones, James Bradburry, Darqueze Dennard, Trae Waynes........

Problem is we already threw 12 million at Javon, 5 million at Mills, 6 million at McLeod.

Slay also has effort problems sometimes and tackles like Darby.

He can be sticky as hell in coverage, but @ninjapirate does have a point on him getting close to 30 and he's a guy who relies on his athleticism at corner. He doesn't have the size.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Slay this season and he would be a big boost to our secondary at least for the next couple years at least, but I get the apprehension.

That's why I wanted to get Byron cause they are gonna want similar money, but Jones is a couple years younger, better tackler/hustle, and wouldn't cost like a 2nd round pick or something in return. Damn... I still can't get off us missing on him lol.

We still have the room to trade for him and give him a similar deal to Byron (maybe like 15 million per?), but yeah.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Problem is we already threw 12 million at Javon, 5 million at Mills, 6 million at McLeod.

Slay also has effort problems sometimes and tackles like Darby.

He can be sticky as hell in coverage, but @ninjapirate does have a point on him getting close to 30 and he's a guy who relies on his athleticism at corner. He doesn't have the size.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Slay this season and he would be a big boost to our secondary at least for the next couple years at least, but I get the apprehension.

That's why I wanted to get Byron cause they are gonna want similar money, but Jones is a couple years younger, better tackler/hustle, and wouldn't cost like a 2nd round pick or something in return. Damn... I still can't get off us missing on him lol.

We still have the room to trade for him and give him a similar deal to Byron (maybe like 15 million per?), but yeah.

Go look at the contract info for Hargrave, they are only paying him like 5 million this year