brushmyhair

Has anyone on this forum ever attended the NFL Draft

6 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Risky, this forum would know what you’d look like. 

Look for bald Carlton Banks.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I already know what he looks like. 47% Lurch, 41% Sloth, but weirdly 12% Vanna White as well

This works too.

1 hour ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Last year was completely free. The draft was outdoors. You download an app and at noon, you enter a queue to get priority viewing.

No cost at all

Do you think that'll be the case this year?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Look for bald Carlton Banks.

So uncle Phil?

Edited by rocky_rams

34 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Do you think that'll be the case this year?

I'm sure if you look up the website for the draft it will have all that info. If it's a big outdoor party like the others were it's probably free but you have to pay for drinks and stuff.

2 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:
2 hours ago, Danger said:

95% sure it's not.

Last year was completely free. The draft was outdoors. You download an app and at noon, you enter a queue to get priority viewing.

No cost at all

Same in Dallas the year before. 100% free. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Same in Dallas the year before. 100% free. 

This is enough confidence I need to know that the event will be free

It’s free for terrible seats but NFL offers packages starting in Mid January that guarantees a good seat and a bunch of perks. Thousands though. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

It’s free for terrible seats but NFL offers packages starting in Mid January that guarantees a good seat and a bunch of perks. Thousands though. 

I sat in nosebleed seats for a super bowl. When you say terrible seats, do you mean like Upper Deck?

Just now, brushmyhair said:

I sat in nosebleed seats for a super bowl. When you say terrible seats, do you mean like Upper Deck?

I’m assuming very far away from the stage to the point it looks like an ant. Didn’t 650,000 people show up to the draft last year in Nashville?

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:
3 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

I’m assuming very far away from the stage to the point it looks like an ant. Didn’t 650,000 people show up to the draft last year in Nashville?

This isnt accurate in terms of what happened in Dallas. You check in from an app on your phone. You randomly get an assigned seat. For the first day we were in the middle section. For day 2 we were lower deck, about 10 rows from the field.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

This isnt accurate in terms of what happened in Dallas. You check in from an app on your phone. You randomly get an assigned seat. For the first day we were in the middle section. For day 2 we were lower deck, about 10 rows from the field.

Well, Vegas here I come... I was trying to save it for a Raider game but I’ll do two Vegas trips I guess. Especially with us having two first round picks. If we trade Carr on draft day I’ll be the guy celebrating like he won the SB in the crowd. 

10 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Was it free?

Dallas was free

Nashville was free

You download an NFL app specific to the event and then join a queue, or "virtual line".

Basically once your number comes up on the waiting list you have a window of time to check in using the app. All for free.

The sooner you are there and download the app and join the list then the sooner you will get in.

It is just fun to visit somewhere new and mingle really. You'll have fun regardless if you're into the prospects and follow the draft.

I wanted to go to the Philadelphia one the year before Arlington but decided not to go because I had no idea how it worked. I thought you had to buy a ticket and I thought it was all sold out.

Just go.