BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Listen, I'm gonna say this onfe and only once. If you choose to hear it and I mean truly hear it, great, if not, don't say I didn't warn you.

Typically anything I've ever said in this league goes ignored until I get pissed off. Then people wanna sling **** at me. That's fine, I respect that.

What I dont respect is being disrespected, anymore than you all do. I've tried REALLY hard to tone it down, keep a cool head, there's been some situations where I've lost my cool recently, regardless of whether it was warranted.

But this vote lobbying bull****, I've had just about enough of that ****. We have all week to write gameplans, I've never said my team was elite, nor do.i typically make any "expertise" claim on my gameplan. I try to let the voters decide.  But tbf to everyone, if someone starts blasting your team with b.s. you're gonna defend it. The moment you tell me you don't care what I think and you take it from being civil to being insulting, we are done talking and you can talk to yourself, I will just throw your trolling *** on ignore. Idgaf. I ain't got time for little children's games.

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Listen, I'm gonna say this onfe and only once. If you choose to hear it and I mean truly hear it, great, if not, don't say I didn't warn you.

Typically anything I've ever said in this league goes ignored until I get pissed off. Then people wanna sling **** at me. That's fine, I respect that.

What I dont respect is being disrespected, anymore than you all do. I've tried REALLY hard to tone it down, keep a cool head, there's been some situations where I've lost my cool recently, regardless of whether it was warranted.

But this vote lobbying bull****, I've had just about enough of that ****. We have all week to write gameplans, I've never said my team was elite, nor do.i typically make any "expertise" claim on my gameplan. I try to let the voters decide.  But tbf to everyone, if someone starts blasting your team with b.s. you're gonna defend it. The moment you tell me you don't care what I think and you take it from being civil to being insulting, we are done talking and you can talk to yourself, I will just throw your trolling *** on ignore. Idgaf. I ain't got time for little children's games.

Honestly, when I see 4 pages, I 100% don't bother reading the back and forth so I don't think the 'lobbying' should concern you too much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Honestly, when I see 4 pages, I 100% don't bother reading the back and forth so I don't think the 'lobbying' should concern you too much. 

I agree with that and frankly I shouldn't have even gotten into it. I dont mind respectful, critiquing of my team. I have never claimed to have an elite roster, ever. I've had tough matchups all year and put in a lot of work to be sitting at 7-2 right now, frankly it would be 8-1 if I'd have caught my mistakes last week but thats on me.

But when people go from respectful constructive criticism, to flat out disrespect, thats kind of where I draw the line. It went way beyond trash talk.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I agree with that and frankly I shouldn't have even gotten into it. I dont mind respectful, critiquing of my team. I have never claimed to have an elite roster, ever. I've had tough matchups all year and put in a lot of work to be sitting at 7-2 right now, frankly it would be 8-1 if I'd have caught my mistakes last week but thats on me.

But when people go from respectful constructive criticism, to flat out disrespect, thats kind of where I draw the line. It went way beyond trash talk.

What was beyond trash talk? Because to be fair... and you know you’re my guy and I have love for you but you said F you Lukic on a twitch. So I want to know where the line is. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

What was beyond trash talk? Because to be fair... and you know you’re my guy and I have love for you but you said F you Lukic on a twitch. So I want to know where the line is. 

What i said to Lukic was beyond that line too. However, that whole Lukic situation had a lot of layers to it.

Edited by wwhickok

The final straw for me was a dude posting his opinions on a thread he can't even vote on to tell me he doesn't care what I think when its MY game.

That and the needless repetitive, inaccurate derogatory comments about my roster. I mean to be completely honest, posting my entire roster and questioning my record was a bit much. Here is an idea captain obvious. Go back and look at the comments of the voters and my game day rosters and gameplans for the games I won. That'll tell you why I won. You understand I obviously vote for myself but I'm not who decides the result of my games right? I know you're knew here, so I'll gladly give you a proper education.

Edited by wwhickok

If you're going to say something, at least use the @ feature @wwhickok. I'm sorry you took my constructive criticism and opinions personally. If you think that statistics and basic X's and O's from a schematic standpoint are "disrespect", as well as objective and measured data, then I'm not sure what to tell you. You know what's disrespectful? Calling people/saying to people:

40 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I question your IQ.

34 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I ain't got time for little children's games

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

captain obvious

52 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I got better things to do than debate gameplans that have already been written with a troll.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Haha I'm onto your game. Trying to troll your way to votes. 

You want to hold yourself to a different standard and flex your muscles and bully your way into different opinions and observations. You're the one who is making this personal, not me.

As for the other accusations/insinuations:

33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But this vote lobbying bull****, I've had just about enough of that ****.

I never lobbied for votes, nor would I. I posted my opinions. Did you see me lobby for votes or tag people to get votes? (Hint: No you didn't)

It cute how people think that they can just run their mouth, try to get under my skin, and then try to turn it around on me like they're all innocent and ****.

Lukic, with all due respect has done that in the past, we all know how that went, but that's water under the bridge. 

This new guy, he isn't very good at what he is trying to accomplish, although I'm still not sure what that is exactly. 

Just a tidbit my PFF comments were not directed at a singular individual.  Those of you who have been here for a while know we have had that discussion before and I personally am not a big believer in PFF. 

Having said that, "youe lackluster secondary", "your awful WR corps", if that's your idea of constructive criticism, you might wanna talk to Webster for further details on what that term actually means. Especially when it's a grossly inaccurate comment.

Anyway. Your opinion is your opinion and idk about other countries but in the US we have the right of free speech so go on and say whatever it is that puts your heart at rest, I don't have to see it or respond to it so, I don't really care anymore. I am going to bed, got to drive again later tonight. Y'all have a good day and be safe, its a crazy world out there.

• Like 1