BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

He's not a bad player in coverage though. He's just asked to do odd things with Carroll. How many times have we seen him in single coverage out wide against elite players randomly after playing up at the LOS the whole game. Carroll just wings it with him sometimes. He's given up 3 TD's in the last 3 years, none of them being this year.

Oh yea he's a good zone guy.  He struggles in man and for some reason carrol thinks he's great there 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Oh yea he's a good zone guy.  He struggles in man and for some reason carrol thinks he's great there 

I watched him get beat up his rookie year by Gronk their first meeting and after that he was a different guy. Pheltz might be able to attest to this. From what I watched, he was always strong against TE's and backs. No reason to have him covering slot guy and boundary WR's one on one.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I watched him get beat up his rookie year by Gronk their first meeting and after that he was a different guy. Pheltz might be able to attest to this. From what I watched, he was always strong against TE's and backs. No reason to have him covering slot guy and boundary WR's one on one.

He does well with size or not great route runners. Quick twitch guys he struggles with.  Again most TE fall under the category as do most RB as pass catchers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

He does well with size or not great route runners. Quick twitch guys he struggles with.  Again most TE fall under the category as do most RB as pass catchers 

Yea we're saying the same thing.