BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

After the half ended, headed over to Titania for a vibe check. Last post I saw, guy said their 8-3 Titans are a "crap team". I actually like the emotion over there.

Head over to Narnia next and check on that Lion would you? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

@rackcs

I got the first 5 gameplans up.  I have IC's writeup if you need it.  My gameplan is posted in this thread.

Here was mine. I sent it to Rack last week, but edited just a couple names this morning based on new injuries. 

QB - Andy Dalton

RB - Raheem Mostert

WR - DK Metcalf

WR - Adam Thielen

TE - TJ Hockenson

TE - Jordan Reed

LT - Eric Fisher

LG - Ali Marpet

C - Austin Reiter

RG - Graham Glasgow

RT - Demar Dotson

QB - PJ Walker

RB - James Robinson

RB - Darrell Henderson

WR - Darius Slayton

WR - Andy Isabella

TE - Greg Olsen

OL - Connor McGovern

OL - Donovan Smith

DE - Emmanuel Ogbah

DT - Doug Costin

DT - Jonathan Allen

DE - Mario Addison

LB - Josey Jewell

LB - Shaq Thompson

CB - Shaquill Griffin

CB - Casey Hayward Jr.

NCB - Emmanuel Moseley

FS - Budda Baker

SS - Harrison Smith

DE - Everson Griffen

DE - Taco Charlton

DT - Tim Settle
LB - Eric Wilson

LB - Dre Greenlaw

CB - Amani Oruwariye
CB - Dre Kirkpatrick

S - Chuck Clark

Offense: 

The primary offensive formations we will be featuring this week are 2 WR-2TE, 3WR-1TE, 1 WR-3 RBS-1 TE; 1 WR-2RBs-2TE.

This week we will be utilizing the spread offense. Our main goal is to get Berlin’s linebackers out in space (if they play man) and to put them into better position when playing the zone. When in 2WR-2TE we will look to play the safety this week. TJ will be running a seam route, while DK and Thielen also run verticals.We want to split the coverage utilizing this, making it difficult on the safeties on which man to cover on each play as two are speed threats and Hockenson is becoming a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. We will look DK’s way quite frequently if the safety drifts off of him. This leaves Reed in the short and intermediate route options. We will also be featuring some Notre Dame Box, the T formation and the Flexbone to throw some different formational looks at Berlin’s defense that isn’t used to seeing these antiquated play schemes in the modern era. 

If the box empties using the spread, we will also look to gain some yards on the ground with Mostert and Robinson. Look for runs up the middle heavily out of the spread, and more of a balance of out and in when utilizing other formations.  

Defense:

4-3 versus 2 wide
4-2-5 versus 3 wide
4-1-6 versus 4 wide

This week after watching the replay of the ICR vs. Berlin game, we are going to focus on the defense that stopped Berlin in its tracks, the Robber-Man-Under.

Baker and Smith will alternate between being the upman and the deepman as to not tip Rodgers pre-snap. We will also feature some Cover 1 with either Baker or Smith taking over the linebacker assignment in order to let Jewell blitz. We will use some Cover 2 and Cover 3 Zone as my corners excel out of the zone. 

Coverage assignments: In 4-3: Jewell and Shaq take the TE while Wilson has the RB. On Nickel situations, Wilson comes off for Ryan, and Jewell and Shaq will alternate RB/TE coverage when not blitzing. CBs won’t have a set coverage assignment. Only Woods has proved to be a consistent threat yet again this year.

We will also look to clog up the running lanes up the middle with rotation of Allen, Settle and Costin throughout the game. We don’t want Jones getting big chunks inside.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

But were they sent in before gametime?

Yep. I edited the original PM prior to game time. (It was done before I mentioned Jay Cutler) Rack still has access to that PM as he is an active person in the PM still.