BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Ya'll love giving me QBs lol

Until you actually 3 up Tannehill, it's a need. I also don't think I mocked you one in my previous mocks.

6 hours ago, MD4L said:

I like Kyle Pitts but unless he’s Evan Engram running sub 4.4, I’m not taking a TE around one. Last time we did was with Ebron and while he’s grown into a very stable starter, the opportunity cost was two future hall of famers (Donald + Mack) getting taken shortly thereafter.

I just don't see how you can roll out guys like Mo Alie-Cox and Ian Thomas again. Your team doesn't have many holes but TE is definitely one of them.

6 hours ago, MD4L said:

Zero chance Patrick Surtain falls out the top 8, so I like the pick but not happening. Zero chance he slides.

I think there's a very real chance he does, Surtain is a little overrated imo. I think the main reason he's almost a lock to go that early irl is because of the teams picking up there desperately needing CB help.

5 hours ago, MD4L said:

It’s starting to happen now, but you’re absolutely right. Brian Baldinger loves him, always posts about him moving people on a weekly basis.

Can he snap and throw the ball to himself? Is this a Kelce clone? Because even if he’s good, would I have a guy like Pitts round one or discover a Kelce/Kittle/Waller clone in the later stages of the draft? Even if Pitts is good, TEs have to be something incredible to justify first round status.

I think of Pitts basically as another receiver in this class since he's primarily a receiving guy. If I were to rank him talent-wise with the WRs I'd have him right behind the big 3 so that's where I'd take him. If you use him the right way he'll be worth it. He can flex into the slot or even out wide.

5 hours ago, MD4L said:

Also, for the TE slandering I’m going on right now just remember we offered Kittle $18k or something like that per year at one point.

😒

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

I have seen some promising things from this rookie class for my team like Jonah Jackson picked 7.1 starting all season for Detroit, but I am an impatient person as we all know and I have a hard time waiting for guys to breakout which many have taken advantage of in trades with me. 

I don't know about taking advantage of you. You got absolute hauls for Kittle, McCaffery, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Until you actually 3 up Tannehill, it's a need. I also don't think I mocked you one in my previous mocks.

I just don't see how you can roll out guys like Mo Alie-Cox and Ian Thomas again. Your team doesn't have many holes but TE is definitely one of them.

I think there's a very real chance he does, Surtain is a little overrated imo. I think the main reason he's almost a lock to go that early irl is because of the teams picking up there desperately needing CB help.

I think of Pitts basically as another receiver in this class since he's primarily a receiving guy. If I were to rank him talent-wise with the WRs I'd have him right behind the big 3 so that's where I'd take him. If you use him the right way he'll be worth it. He can flex into the slot or even out wide.

😒

I don't know about taking advantage of you. You got absolute hauls for Kittle, McCaffery, etc.

Advantage of me no. Advantage of the fact I am impatient and will give up on guys sooner than I should? Yes. 

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

So I guess in order to defend Ryan Tannehill (who is a solid QB) we gotta go into wherever the hell Titania is to trash a monster like Brown...and Henry too it sounded like earlier?

Titans forum is Titania... didn't think I'd need to spell it out with a crayon. But I never said anything about trashing Brown or Henry. I was countering the statement that Tannehill was being carried by those two, and then I disputed that Brown had 3 drops on the season. You are now taking it to the extreme opposite end of the spectrum. 

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

then I disputed that Brown had 3 drops on the season.

1. Why in the world would I know that the Titans forum had a nickname like 'Titania'? That one honestly baffles me. I guess I'll head on over to "The Eagles Nest" after this to see what's poppin with Philly. 

2. Show me some sources for this exorbitant amount of drops other than 3 or 4 that Rags and I have shown, rather than asking me to go search for it in the magical world of Tanny's Fan Boi's. It would make this much easier.  Here is where I get mine from https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowAJ00.htm . Usually pretty reliable source of statistics, if off by 1 or 2 I wouldn't be surprised. If I'm wrong and he's dropped 8 or 10 passes or something that's fine, but I won't just take TitansFreak006's word for it.