BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Because even if he’s good, would I have a guy like Pitts round one or discover a Kelce/Kittle/Waller clone in the later stages of the draft? Even if Pitts is good, TEs have to be something incredible to justify first round status.

Have you shown the ability to find TE’s later that perform at this level? This is a serious question as I don’t know your draft history.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Howard was a rather frustrating player with Tampa. We knew he was talented pre injury but never had elite projection. Eifert was also a really good player but the consistent injuries made a big impact on his athletic ability. Fant is going with potential on a team with potential across the skill position and still needing a QB to realize such potential.

I hate Drew Lock he is holding all these guys back on Denver 

Just checked, Fant is 8th in receiving YPG for tight ends despite having one of the worst QB situations in the league (Lock isn't awful but Kendall Hinton for a game, come on).

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

Have you shown the ability to find TE’s later that perform at this level? This is a serious question as I don’t know your draft history.

Cuba hasn’t had an elite TE since Tony Gonzalez retired in 2013. I took Ebron the ensuing offseason and traded a fourth for Charles Clay in RFA. I’m more a flyer guy now with the hopes of an Ian Thomas type finding a good situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Just checked, Fant is 8th in receiving YPG for tight ends despite having one of the worst QB situations in the league (Lock isn't awful but Kendall Hinton for a game, come on).

He was the only one who caught a Hinton pass lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I've been pretty bad at drafting TE's and CB's (aside from Ward).

I’ve been bad at drafting everything except maybe RB’s the easiest position to scout. Taylor could still be a question for me though to bring this down but Dobbins and Gibson in the 4th and 5th BDL rounds and McCaffrey in round one pick 11 I think (although value here can come into question)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’ve been **** since my first draft in this league. Once I started accumulating more and more picks I started hitting less and less. 

I have seen some promising things from this rookie class for my team like Jonah Jackson picked 7.1 starting all season for Detroit, but I am an impatient person as we all know and I have a hard time waiting for guys to breakout which many have taken advantage of in trades with me.