BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Greg Olson maybe? I think TJ Hockenson is closing in on a top 7 TE spot if he isn’t there already.

Don't forget Olsen was traded for peanuts to Carolina.

Hockenson is the one first round TE i can remember who looks like he might be worth it.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I’ve actually seen quite a few. You’ll lose in the BDL playoffs because of Tannehill. Write that down.

The Tannehill that won Cuba our first playoff game in 2013? Get outta here with that.

I’ve actually seen quite a few. You’ll lose in the BDL playoffs because of Tannehill. Write that down.

Brown has been dropping a lot of passes lately.

Just now, MD4L said:

Thanks for the free promo Rags.

You'd have a very good case if he could stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

4.38 or 4.42 for a TE isn’t a deal breaker. It’s absurd speed at that position regardless.

But Pitts can do things Engram never could. If you are just looking at the speed there as the qualifying worth factor you’d be mistaken. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

You'd have a very good case if he could stay healthy.

It’s starting to happen now, but you’re absolutely right. Brian Baldinger loves him, always posts about him moving people on a weekly basis.

But Pitts can do things Engram never could. If you are just looking at the speed there as the qualifying worth factor you’d be mistaken. 

Can he snap and throw the ball to himself? Is this a Kelce clone? Because even if he’s good, would I have a guy like Pitts round one or discover a Kelce/Kittle/Waller clone in the later stages of the draft? Even if Pitts is good, TEs have to be something incredible to justify first round status.

23 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Oh look now we want to use PFF when it makes our players look good 🤣

That's the only time anyone uses PFF for their own players.

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Serious question...when was the last time a top 7 TE was drafted in the first round IRL?

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Don't forget Olsen was traded for peanuts to Carolina.

Hockenson is the one first round TE i can remember who looks like he might be worth it.

OJ Howard, Noah Fant, Greg Olsen, Tyler Eifert have all been good players. I dunno how you rank any of them, so not top-7 might be fair.

Olsen was only traded because Mike Martz is an idiot whose offense "didn't use a tight end."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's the only time anyone uses PFF for their own players.

OJ Howard, Noah Fant, Greg Olsen, Tyler Eifert have all been good players. I dunno how you rank any of them, so not top-7 might be fair.

Olsen was only traded because Mike Martz is an idiot whose offense "didn't use a tight end."

Howard was a rather frustrating player with Tampa. We knew he was talented pre injury but never had elite projection. Eifert was also a really good player but the consistent injuries made a big impact on his athletic ability. Fant is going with potential on a team with potential across the skill position and still needing a QB to realize such potential.

Edited by MD4L

Just now, MD4L said:

Howard was a rather frustrating player with Tampa. We knew he talented pre injury but never had elite projection. Eifert was also a really good player but the consistent injuries made a big impact on his athletic ability. Fant is going with potential on a team with potential across the skill position and still needing a QB to realize such potential.

Yeah, there's been other factors at play besides talent for all of those guys. It's a weird position because an elite tight end is such a game-changer, but unless you have a top-5 guy it's a pretty low-value position you can fill with role players.