BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, wwhickok said:

I knew I was gonna take him.

My top 3 guys, in this order, were Javon Kinlaw, Xavier McKinney, and Tristan Wirfs.

Counselor can attest to the fact I was extremely torn on who to take if Kinlaw and McKinney both made it to me. Obviously I have a lot of needs but I cant pass up a guy that, imo, has a really high ceiling. 

Your top 3 as in overall?

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

DRAFT RECAP: ROUND 1

1:9 - Berlin Blitzkreig -- DT Derrick Brown, Auburn
Quinten Williams and Derrick Brown...jesus... You could perhaps argue WR or OT here but this is a great fit and a great talent. I totally get it and I like it.. a lot.
Grade: A
(Talent = A+ , Positional Need = B-)

1:14 - Berlin Blitzkrieg-- OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
Solid pick, debatable whether or not it's actually a need, but there is absolutely no doubt that the talent exists with this guy. Likely a pick for the future with a couple of guys possibly not returning next season. I get that logic even if it isnt the route I necessarily wouldve taken.
Grade: B
(Talent = A+ , Positional Need C+)

I'll take those grades.  I expect both to make an impact this year with a big expansion in their roles a year from now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

1:6 - Antartica -- WR Ceedee Lamb, Alabama
This is provides an excellent target for their eventual starting QB, Tua. It wouldve been interesting to see them select Jeudy and give Tua a target with immediate chemistry but they went for flash here. Having said all of that, Godwin, Diggs, Smith, Johnson already take up 4 spots at WR. Clearly they hope AB plays once again also... so picking a WR in the top 10 when you have 4 really good ones already .... especially considering they couldve used an OT, DT or Edge here (or IOL though its pretty high for that position) ... it lacks logic. If talent were all that mattered, this would get an A. But as far as fit..well it just doesnt, not in a WR class this deep. This could very well end up the worst pick of the first round. BPA or not, all the WRs in the world arent gonna help you protect the QB.
Grade: C- (Talent = A+ , Positional Need = F)

This doesnt compute imo  Every week last year people made fun of our WRs even after getting Godwin. Having a deep and star studded WR core was a key to move our offense to top of the line 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I know this is random as **** but why is Jodelle Ferland your profile pic? 

Tim Tebow is a folk hero more than he was a QB.

Jared was a meme and he just ate it up until his untimely demise. 

1. Somebody catch this guy up xD

2. Tim Tebow is a QB legend who was ahead of his time skill wise in the NFL 

Just now, The Orca said:

This doesnt compute imo  Every week last year people made fun of our WRs even after getting Godwin. Having a deep and star studded WR core was a key to move our offense to top of the line 

Last season you ran a lot of 3 WR sets without Godwin, I felt the missing piece was that 3rd spot. Then you got Codwin, to me, that completed your WR corps. In no way shape or form was Lamb a Positional need.

This is where the draft starts to be interesting. 15 of my top 16 players went R1 and Becton was 20th.

McKinney though was 37 and it's no knock on wwhicock because I think he's in the same tier as my 21st and 48th players. I think the second round will show a lot of disparity in the boards, hence why I wanted out of there

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

Last season you ran a lot of 3 WR sets without Godwin, I felt the missing piece was that 3rd spot. Then you got Codwin, to me, that completed your WR corps. In no way shape or form was Lamb a Positional need.

We disagreed