BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not at all honestly. In my honest opinion if the more Jackson can improve as much from year 2 to year 3 as you did from year one to year 2 then hes gonna be a really good player long term not just in the short term I think it proved though as a passer in the playoffs hes gotta be limited right now he is a good passer he is not a great that That right now in needs to be limited as a passing quarterback because he is not the type of quarterback that is capable of throwing 40 plus times in a game in succeeding hes just got my guy and that doesn't have to be a bag thing

Plenty of games this year he threw over 20 times in a game and was very successful. Saying limiting him to 15-20 passes is making him sound like a game manager.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Plenty of games this year he threw over 20 times in a game and was very successful. Saying limiting him to 15-20 passes is making him sound like a game manager.

Yeah you're right you did but twice this season at least he also threw it over 50 times and it was a train wreck.

By no means do I intend to imply hes only good to be a game manager and simply saying that right now he has not peaked and as a runner no one is going to question that he is really really good but how the path or he has to improve and I don't think that has to be a negative statement I think it's the truth and I mean that's the reality of it. Thing is guys like Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick, for as good as they were never made the improvements as passers they really needed to make. Cam has always struggled with accuracy and Colin struggled with overall consistency.

Lamar just has to keep improving his ability to throw to the edges of the field and make better decisions under pressure.  It's just a natural need of progression for most young QBs and if he can do that, the sky is the limit. 

• Like 1

I am adding OT Charles Leno, OT Dion Dawkins, CB Byron Jones, LB Hassan Reddick, & WR Calvin Ridley to the trading block. PM offers, seeking draft picks. I am rebuilding so tbh, players at this point simply serve no purpose for me.

If you pm me about a player, please include an offer. I'm prepared to negotiate but in order to do so, I need an initial offer to be made.

Edited by wwhickok

7 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Byron Murphy and Rock Ya-Sin should've made it. They were both very good. 

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Oh ok

Counselor would’ve gotten highly upset if you brought a rookie who played for you.

Just now, MD4L said:

Counselor would’ve gotten highly upset if you brought a rookie who played for you.

Not at all. These teams don’t really say who is better. Just happy to see my guys were recognized and it is an indicator that they did play well enough to be on this list. 

• Like 1