BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Y'all be like "I need all four of my starting NFL linebackers or I won't have any depth" while I'm sitting here with a Week 2 waiver claim and a guy I traded for as my starting backers like

frustrated whats wrong with you GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Hey man I gave you four of my players. Don’t say y’all. Say those selfish tater boys. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Y'all be like "I need all four of my starting NFL linebackers or I won't have any depth" while I'm sitting here with a Week 2 waiver claim and a guy I traded for as my starting backers like

frustrated whats wrong with you GIF by Steve Harvey TV

When I started I think I was hardpressed to have 2 capable starters. Now I got

Lavonte David
Devin White
Patrick Queen
Bobby Okereke
Jerome Baker
Sione Takitaki
Akeem Davis-Gaither

Hindsight is 20-20, but not sure I'd have traded away Tre'Davious White if I knew I was going to be able to land Patrick Queen. Still, better to have surplus than lacking.

Now I'm kind of curious to see what I did with that overall trade, if I can track it down.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Lavonte David
Devin White
Patrick Queen
Bobby Okereke
Jerome Baker
Sione Takitaki
Akeem Davis-Gaither

Hindsight is 20-20, but not sure I'd have traded away Tre'Davious White if I knew I was going to be able to land Patrick Queen. Still, better to have surplus than lacking.

Now I'm kind of curious to see what I did with that overall trade, if I can track it down.

Yeah that's a crazy amount of depth at one of the most shallow positions in the league. I thought about hitting you up for linebacker depth before I did the Cam Heyward trade, don't remember why I didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yeah that's a crazy amount of depth at one of the most shallow positions in the league. I thought about hitting you up for linebacker depth before I did the Cam Heyward trade, don't remember why I didn't.

With Adoree Jackson being out, I contemplated shopping one of the trio to land another CB. But Trevon Diggs has managed to get starting time early, so rolling for now.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

You took over a team where the owner thought linebackers didn’t matter

• Like 2

OKC trades:

Lavonte David (3/5250)
Shaquill Griffin (1/500)
2021 OKC 2nd
2020 NO 4th

Ivory Coast trades:

Tre'Davious White (1/1585)
Marcus Mariota (1/3900)

ICBR Trades:

CB  Shaquill Griffin

Hungary Trades:

2021  2nd - Hungary

Looks like I'm still awaiting the full reward of moving White, have both of those 2nd round picks for next season. The 4th ended up being Ashtyn Davis. 

25 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You took over a team where the owner thought linebackers didn’t matter

He's not wrong. You really only need one great linebacker and one that isn't total garbo. I hope nobody is still starting three off-ball backers in this league.

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's strange. BDL Rosters show White having 1 year left at 1585... but that's his contract from last season. Part of the reason I made the trade was the looming 3-up he'd require, yet I'm not seeing anything within 2019 or 2020 showing he got a new deal in BDL. 

He had a 5th year option exercised IRL. I believe BDL has a rule to cover that situation.

EDIT:

• 5th Year Options (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA)

If a real life NFL 1st round player is tendered their 5th year option a team can match it at 75% without using one of their 3 Ups for the year.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Actually, no, 2021 would be his 5th year option. He's only in his fourth season. You just miscounted how long he had been in the league, @RuskieTitan. It even shows on the 2019 spreadsheet that he had two years left on his deal, lol.

Ah, I see that the transaction thread was a typo, I actually found the convo and whicker did list White with 2 years remaining. All cleared up! Think the deal benefited both sides.

But hey, if you want to get one of my linebackers now... ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Lavonte David
Devin White
Patrick Queen
Bobby Okereke
Jerome Baker
Sione Takitaki
Akeem Davis-Gaither

I want one

• Like 1