BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I'm sure he's having fun riding the bench

Defensive Linemen rotate amongst the most in all position groups in the league. The Giants beat the Patriots with Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck, and Osi Umenyiora at ends. If you think having too many pass rushers is a thing, then you are mistaken. And if you are failing to account for bench players, that's on you.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Defensive Linemen rotate amongst the most in all position groups in the league. The Giants beat the Patriots with Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck, and Osi Umenyiora at ends. If you think having too many pass rushers is a thing, then you are mistaken. And if you are failing to account for bench players, that's on you.

Yeah but did the Giants spend the number 2 pick on their rotational DL? I just think it's poor asset management to grab a guy at 2nd overall who is going to be a rotational piece for at least 2 seasons.

Edited by rackcs

12 hours ago, rackcs said:

Yeah but did the Giants spend the number 2 pick on their rotational DL? I just think it's poor asset management to grab a guy at 2nd overall who is going to be a rotational piece for at least 2 seasons.

1. You're really going to miss out on having a star pass for the rest of his career (if you want to) because he's "only" going to be a rotational guy early on?

2. You never know what's going to happen with injuries.

3. This league doesn't appreciate the value of multiple, fresh, talented edge rushers nearly enough.