BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's a heavy price to pay for Thielen.

Is it though? Theilen has 284 yards and 4 TDs so far this season...

Brandin Cooks who you want a BDL 2nd for, has 138 and 0 TDs (the majority of those yards were against Baltimore) 

So....id say its pretty relative to the player quality

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Is it though? Theilen has 284 yards and 4 TDs so far this season...

Brandin Cooks who you want a BDL 2nd for, has 138 and 0 TDs (the majority of those yards were against Baltimore) 

So....id say its pretty relative to the player quality

Different situations. Thielen's in a contract year and costs around $12k/year on a 3 Up. 30 years old and coming off 6 missed games due to a bad hamstring injury. Anyone trading for Thielen has to make an immediate decision on whether to extend him after the season, which I assume is the plan when you're giving up a top 16 pick to get him. EDIT: And when it's a top-16 pick next year, you're basically giving up an opportunity to rebound if it doesn't work out. There's a non-zero chance Thielen isn't even on PR's team when that pick is exercised.

He's not a bad player and certainly a bargain right now with his current contract. I considered putting in an offer but figured Pete would get a better offer than what I was comfortable with (obviously, I was right).

Edited by Blue

34 minutes ago, Blue said:

Different situations. Thielen's in a contract year and costs around $12k/year on a 3 Up. 30 years old and coming off 6 missed games due to a bad hamstring injury. Anyone trading for Thielen has to make an immediate decision on whether to extend him after the season, which I assume is the plan when you're giving up a top 16 pick to get him. EDIT: And when it's a top-16 pick next year, you're basically giving up an opportunity to rebound if it doesn't work out. There's a non-zero chance Thielen isn't even on PR's team when that pick is exercised.

He's not a bad player and certainly a bargain right now with his current contract. I considered putting in an offer but figured Pete would get a better offer than what I was comfortable with (obviously, I was right).

Brandin Cooks still hasn't been a good player this year. He has had 3 games where he has had 23 yards or less receiving and 0 TDs. He still doesn't have a TD this season.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Brandin Cooks still hasn't been a good player this year. He has had 3 games where he has had 23 yards or less receiving and 0 TDs. He still doesn't have a TD this season.

Cool story bro, we're talking about Adam Thielen