BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Time for your vaunted weekly trade grades

OKC trades: Von Miller, Mark Andrews, Adam Thielen, Marcus Peters (3u&o), 1.15 & 2nd - D+

Portland trades: Patrick Mahomes, Davonta Freeman - C-

Let's start with a very unpopular opinion. You know what's not hard to find in BDL? A Franchise QB. In the last two year, every single team had on its roster a QB capable of winning a BDL title. God know I love Pat Mahomes and he's the best player in the NFL. That being said, OKC was in a prime spot to win a BB this year, they just needed a QB. Why sell the farm on Mahomes? Why not try to get a cheaper option which was just as good and keep building on one of the great rosters in BDL? Now they've not only spent a ton of resources on Mahomes, but they also will need to find a new WR, TE and edge rusher. As for Portland, I have no idea why they were so desperate to trade Mahomes. Portland is far away from contending and by the time they do it, will Andrews and Thielen still be on friendly deals? Will Miller still play at a high level? I think both teams would have had it better to not do that trade. 

Anchorage trades: Mark Glowinski, Leon Jacobs - B+

Portland trades: Will Dissly - B+

Goth trade of depth guys. Not overly inspiring.

WSR trades: Tevin Coleman, 2021 7th - B

Berlin trades: Adam Shaheen - B+

Simple 3d trade. Berlin could probably have gotten better value, but maybe they can use Coleman next year as a situational back. WSR loses the trade by the simple fact that they had to pay to get rid of a player, which isn't a situation you want to be in. But they had to do it.

Camden trades: Lamar Jackson, Delanie Walker, Timmy Jernigan: A

Hawaii trades: Russell Wilson: A

This trade makes so much sense. Camden has a lot of studs on their rookie deals so they have the cap to get a proven QB who carries less risk than Lamar. As for Antartica, they've been killed this year by injuries as their cap was attached to some star players and couldn't afford any depth. Getting Lamar who still has 2 years on a rookie deal gives them more flexibility, and a lot of upside. Made a lot of sense for both team.

Portland trades: 2020 2nd - C-

Anchorage trades: Kirk Cousins, Jamie Collins, Elandon Roberts - A+

I didn't think Anchorage could get anything for Cousins, much less a 2nd rounder. I honestly don't know if Cousins is what I called earlier a QB capable of winning a Bizz Bowl. I certainly don't think anyone would have paid close to that price and Portland could have probably get this return for like a 4th, taking Cousins deal out of Anchorage.

Anchorage trades: 2020 2nd, 2021 6th and 7th - F

Xmad trades: 1.15 - F

You both get F for not checking that Xmad didn't have the pick in the previous trade. That's how it is.

WSR trades: Byron jones, John Miller - B+

OKC trades: 2021 1st, 5.14 - B+

Fits what both teams seem to want to do. OKC gets an immediate starter on a pretty good 2yr deal. WSR keeps getting picks and cap to rebuild its team. Good trade for both.

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 3

Gase isn't as bad as people make out. 23-25 with the Dolphins who aren't exactly brimming with talent and that included a 6-10 year with Cutler who was brought out of retirement. 

Yes Tannehill broke out in a major way this year but the same issues he had under Gase were there before Gase arrived. I also think a large part of it is that he has a very good offense surrounding him in Tennessee. Henry and Brown are two electric playmakers and that OL is pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Stop. Stop it. Gase is a TERRIBLE head coach that doesnt give a crap about his players.

23-25 is not a good.record, for the record.

Gase is the best HC the jets have had since Ryan.