BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Prescott put up some good numbers against the Dolphins, Giants and Redskins this year and had some huge garbage time totals.

He was ok, but let's say you take him out of a dome and put him in a windy stadium, take away Zeke, take away Cooper and Gallup and his OL which is probably the 2nd best in the league after the Ravens and trust me, he doesn't put up nearly the numbers he did.

Reality is he's stagnated since entering the league, despite having the most favourable situation imaginable for a QB. Part of that may be on the coaching staff, but Garrett isn't as bad an offensive mind as people make him out to be and Kellen Moore has had glowing endorsements.

I just think he isn't much more than average QB right now. Of course he's young and the lightbulb could turn on, but I definitely don't see a top 10 QB when I watch him.

Just now, WFLukic said:

Prescott put up some good numbers against the Dolphins, Giants and Redskins this year and had some huge garbage time totals.

He was ok, but let's say you take him out of a dome and put him in a windy stadium, take away Zeke, take away Cooper and Gallup and his OL which is probably the 2nd best in the league after the Ravens and trust me, he doesn't put up nearly the numbers he did.

Reality is he's stagnated since entering the league, despite having the most favourable situation imaginable for a QB. Part of that may be on the coaching staff, but Garrett isn't as bad an offensive mind as people make him out to be and Kellen Moore has had glowing endorsements.

I just think he isn't much more than average QB right now. Of course he's young and the lightbulb could turn on, but I definitely don't see a top 10 QB when I watch him.

So wait, you're saying if you make his offense trash he isnt good? But Mahomes, Brees, Watson, and others they dont get diminished like that you're arguing a fake point to fit your narrative. He is a damn good QB that had a damn good year.

• Like 2

Granted those rules I think are patchwork things collected from past owner's meetings from SirA so they're not 100%. I'll go digging because I'm bored and have some time to kill. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

IIRC, that was ONLY for 3Ups.  Not 3Overs.

But aren't 3overs 3ups...?

They use a 3up slot. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Part of why I didn’t think so highly of the Mahomes trade. Marcus Peters (a terrific player) still isn’t great value when he’s paid $14k/year

Seconded. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I do recall something about this being in the owner meeting but I dont recall what exactly

Shoveling here we go. 

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

But how much is your observation worth? You think Josh Allen is a top 5 QB

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

How isnt a 3 up and over simply a 3 Up that allows for trade? I technically have to 3 up him before I can trade him. Just asking

Once you 3 UP a player his contract his locked. You’re effectively trading his rights for another team to avoid any discounts on his deal. 

Just now, Counselor said:

Yeah it makes sense for him to be 75%

It was specifically set up to be 100% so that it wouldn't happen a ton and there would be more guys in free agency.  This was clearly stated when we adopted the 3Over.  Unless it was changed in an owner's meeting, it's still 100%.

• Like 1