BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

No. Technically Dak still belongs to me because until he is either an FA or 3 up and overed, he is under my control. 

The fact you'd rather have a horribly inconsistent QB that throws a ton of ints over a fairly consistent QB that doesnt turn it over often.. I mean, ok.

Oh so for now alright then.

I traded a 1st+3rd for Dak I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying I'd rather have Allen. 

25 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Suspect #2 is off the list. 

That leaves Ruskie, PR, Ragnarok, Rack, Bcb, Lukic

I doubt Ruskie doesn't 3up Ryan so eh.

I wouldn't doubt PR would be aggressive in trying to upgrade his QB but Goff to Prescott isn't a major upgrade.

Rags can 3up Brady but he seemed certain he wouldn't be bringing him back, almost like he had a deal lined up.

Rack just 3downed Rivers how dare you.  and only has Mayfield who has been inconsistent to say the least, I can't say much about him since we haven't done the mafia tango but he seems like a gambler. 

Bcb isn't very aggressive but I could see him trying to upgrade on the bears biggest bust since Rexy. 

Leaving Lukic who I doubt would trade a 1st for Prescott he also doesn't own a 2020/2021 1st. 

I'm gonna say PR/Rags traded for Dak.

I would actually strongly consider trading for Dak if it wasn't a 3Over.  Dont have a 3Up to spare.  And I'm sure not paying the max value of Daks comtract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Yup. 100% of a players contract.

To quote the rules. 

• 3 up & over (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA) : A 3up & over gives the chance to owners to trade away or for BDL UFA’s.

•  If an owner trades for a BDL UFA, the have to resign them at 75% of his IRL contract. Each owner is limited to one 3up & over per year (either if you trade for or away the player) and a 3up & over will count against the 3up limit for both parties 

• Multiple free agents can be dealt in 3 up and over deals (one from each team)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

A 3up and over is Max value?

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Yup. 100% of a players contract.

So I distinctly remember us setting it up to be 100%.  However, in the rules it says 75%.  Unless we voted on that in an owner's meeting and I'm forgetting, the rulebook is incorrect.

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

To quote the rules. 

• 3 up & over (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA) : A 3up & over gives the chance to owners to trade away or for BDL UFA’s.

•  If an owner trades for a BDL UFA, the have to resign them at 75% of his IRL contract. Each owner is limited to one 3up & over per year (either if you trade for or away the player) and a 3up & over will count against the 3up limit for both parties 

• Multiple free agents can be dealt in 3 up and over deals (one from each team)

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure the rules say 75%

Unless we changed it during an owner's meeting, the rulebook is incorrect here.  We did it that way to improve free agency.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

So I distinctly remember us setting it up to be 100%.  However, in the rules it says 75%.  Unless we voted on that in an owner's meeting and I'm forgetting, the rulebook is incorrect.

I do not remember any 3 UP and over being less than 100% of a deal. Don’t recall this being argued on during any BDL meetings.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I would second that given the second part of that says you can have multiple 3up & overs despite saying "You can only have one per season" unless it implied trading FAs between teams. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Yea I think we changed it to 75 percent across their board when we went from 85 to 75

• Like 1