2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why do you think that? Many backs have had major knee injuries and had long careers. McGahee comes to mind

If you read the severity of his injury, his ACL was still in tact, which is good but every other ligament was damaged.  More importantly I have read there was significant cartilage damage.  Damage to the cartilage can not be repaired and will cause him pain and limit his abilities as he ages and endures the poundings the NFL dishes out.  

I wish the kid the best, coming back from a nasty injury like he had takes a lot of hard work and determination.  I would personally not touch him before the 4th based on the reasons I just mentioned.  He could have a few productive years in the NFL but I can almost assure you that he will be dealing with knee issues throughout his career. 

I bet someone takes a shot on him in the 2nd or 3rd but I sure hope its not us.   Obviously there will be MRI's and thorough evaluations on the knee. 

41 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What scares me most about picking Smith he’s 6’1.

Raiders will be teaming up a 5’9 safety with a 6’1 LB,   how are they supposed to cover the TEs ?

In theory that’s what Melifonwu is here for.

48 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Because he's not tall enough to be an elite X back

When I see posts like this I love it.  It just shows how bitter fans can be because they know my evaluation of Cooper was spot on.  I don't wear homer goggles and sorry boys to burst your bubble but I couldn't help but to laugh at the majority of you you had a yellow jacket on Cooper before he ever took an NFL snap.  Sure he's 6'1 but I can tell he's just as good as Antonio Brown blah, blah, blah. 

I hope the Raiders do Cooper a favor and get and elite X then put Cooper in the slot where he belongs and will dominate.  

It never gets old reading the excuses as to why Cooper hasn't dominated like everyone on here thought he would.  It's Carr's fault, he just doesn't like Cooper, no wait it was JDR fault, hold on it was crabs fault, wait a second it was the OC's fault.  I love when people have the victim mentality, I know it's everyones fault but Coopers because he's Amari Cooper.  

Let me ask you a simple question.  Was Cooper worthy of a top 5 draft pick?  I'm sure there are some homers in Buffalo still justifying the trade up and selection of Watkins... LOL

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What scares me most about picking Smith he’s 6’1.

Raiders will be teaming up a 5’9 safety with a 6’1 LB,   how are they supposed to cover the TEs ?

Why we stealing inches from Joseph? He's 5'10".

Honestly, I think 6'1" is just fine, if not ideal, for a WLB. My main issue with him is how he engages blockers. Georgia's defensive line cleared the way for him on a down to down basis and that won't be the case on most teams in the NFL (especially not the Raiders). Man to man coverage against tight ends might be an issue, but LBs more often drop into middle zones in most NFL schemes.

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Why we stealing inches from Joseph? He's 5'10".

Honestly, I think 6'1" is just fine, if not ideal, for a WLB. My main issue with him is how he engages blockers. Georgia's defensive line cleared the way for him on a down to down basis and that won't be the case on most teams in the NFL (especially not the Raiders). Man to man coverage against tight ends might be an issue, but LBs more often drop into middle zones in most NFL schemes.

Because Reggie Nelson is 5'11 and at least 2 inches taller than him. :D

And 6'1 isn't ideal for WLB and even if he is JUST dropping into zones as a WLB(which won't be the case), he is still giving up valuable size that the QB can use to get the ball over him.

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

And 6'1 isn't ideal for WLB and even if he is JUST dropping into zones was a WLB(which wo't be the case), he is still giving up valuable size that the QB can use to get the ball over him.

I just looked up Joseph‘s height at the NFL combine and he really is 5’10.

He  looks so small on the field.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

And 6'1 isn't ideal for WLB and even if he is JUST dropping into zones as a WLB(which won't be the case), he is still giving up valuable size that the QB can use to get the ball over him.

The majority of quality LBs play at that size: Myles Jack, Reuben Foster, Danny Trevathan, Zach Brown, Lovante David, Deion Jones, etc.

40 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I just looked up Joseph‘s height at the NFL combine and he really is 5’10.

He  looks so small on the field.

CoLBUfmUEAAMU-6.jpg

We've been over this but I believe they fudged the combine measure on Joesph. I don't know if it was on purpose or not. To help him or because they didn't do due diligence measuring him correctly with his hair. I don't know but I don't believe he is 5'10.

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I’m looking forward to what Joshua Jackson does tomorrow. After a second look, he reminds me of Marcus Peters but I think he may run faster. I’d prefer him or Ward at 10 over any linebacker.

Rich, what's your take on Tremaine Edmunds?  Is he worthy of the selection at 10?  He intrigues me from a physical and versatility standpoint but I haven't done much research outside of watching worthless highlight reels.  

53 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Rich, what's your take on Tremaine Edmunds?  Is he worthy of the selection at 10?  He intrigues me from a physical and versatility standpoint but I haven't done much research outside of watching worthless highlight reels.  

I'm a big Edmunds fan; he's my LB1. He can play every linebacker position and has very little discernible weaknesses. Some say he can also play edge rusher but I disagree. He's a ready made SLB (but can play MLB or WLB with no hiccup) with blitzing and long down rush ability. One of his best traits is his age. He'll be 19 when he gets drafted in April.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm a big Edmunds fan; he's my LB1. He can play every linebacker position and has very little discernible weaknesses. Some say he can also play edge rusher but I disagree. He's a ready made SLB (but can play MLB or WLB with no hiccup) with blitzing and long down rush ability. One of his best traits is his age. He'll be 19 when he gets drafted in April.

I feel the same way.  If he is there when the Raiders pick I would love him at 10.  I would also take him over Smith for all the reasons mentioned above, especially the fact that he will only be 19 on draft day.  

Archived