Make Another Movie - Draft Thread

Dome

On 2/2/2020 at 8:57 AM, Dome said:

What’s everyone thinking for a deadline?

Valentines Day?

End of Feb?

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

make the deadline Valentines Day.

And the inevitable deadline extension for end of feb

Agreed. The longer out it gets pushed, the more likely that interest will die. Valentines Day is a fine deadline.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Writing is so hard

lol

Tell me about it. I'm trying my hardest to write a cohesive full story outline based on my movie idea. I have the basic character arcs fully outlined and certain scenes jotted down, but man, piecing it all together is hard as ish as there's a lot of exposition (it being a retelling of Bram Stoker's Dracula means there's a LOT of ground to cover). Believe me, guys, I'm really trying as I'm super passionate about this. This is a film idea I brainstormed over a decade ago and refurbished with new ideas after the Mahershala Ali Blade casting was announced, but it is effing hard. I believe I have a great concept and ideas in mind, but putting it all together and finding a good structure between past and current scenes has been a real challenge.

And the funniest part is I've done this before. I've written full start-to-finish plot outlines for hypothetical Godzilla 14 sequels (mind you, this was BEFORE Godzilla vs. Kong was announced, so no Kong, sorry) and a Resident Evil spin-off game featuring Jill and Claire (these two are LONG overdue for a game together) in the past. Here they are for those of you interested.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, Daniel said:

I'll start mine the day before the deadline.  See the two or three of you still doing this at that point then.

You're literally gonna try and not only brainstorm, but write an entire outline from start to finish in one day flat? LOL, good luck with that. I mean, you do you, but I just know I'm not gonna be able to do all that in one day with mine. Mine's too complex and multi-faceted for that. 

Like I said, I believe I have a great concept and all-around story in mind, it's all about the execution/sequencing, going from point A to point B for each of the many plot points, both past and present alike. It's very dark and very sad until it gets to the "titular moment".

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

You're literally gonna try and not only brainstorm, but write an entire outline from start to finish in one day flat? LOL, good luck with that. I mean, you do you, but I just know I'm not gonna be able to do all that in one day with mine.

It's what I did last time.  It's not that hard.  Just needs like an hour set aside.

• 2 weeks later...