Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soflbillsfan

Offseason Talk

Recommended Posts

A month ago the season was being discussed as not happening then talks of having a shortened season. With Goodell not standing down during the draft and doing a stay at home draft along with these virtual meetings they are clearly trying to make use of the time and to adjust to what is happening without actually causing issues with their schedule. With Goodell putting divisional games in week 1 he or the league is showing they are not backing down from the virus. I can definitely see the no fan policy for now but as time get closer I can see them making adjustments. The faster the NBA, NHL,  MLB, and MLS start back up it will give the NFL ideas of how to approach the season whether it is some tickets 50-75% stadium seating or to just not have fans in general. 

It definitely has become a political spectacle in the US because of elections and who says what and vis versa so what can be said now can change a week from now. Just look at California they were saying that the state is shut down and no sports until Sept 30 as of last week now they are willing to open facilities by June 1st. When it all comes down to it the Gov't may or may not say they are concerned for the "People's health" but the main concern is getting the economy going again and trying to get back to norm with this virus still out there. Unfortunately for "US" we have to hear all the nonsense the gov't says today and the next day possibly being the opposite of what they said the previous day. We just have to hope there is a season without any delays or hiccups and hopefully a way of doing some testing during security forcing everyone to wear masks and have a ton of hand sanitizer at designated stations in order to allow fans in the stands. I wouldnt be surprised if there are no fans in stadiums they do some different version of the NFL ticket and then also get new cameras in different areas and have multiple channels doing different things per game. As goodell was able to adapt to the virtual draft I can see them doing that during the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

A month ago the season was being discussed as not happening then talks of having a shortened season. With Goodell not standing down during the draft and doing a stay at home draft along with these virtual meetings they are clearly trying to make use of the time and to adjust to what is happening without actually causing issues with their schedule. With Goodell putting divisional games in week 1 he or the league is showing they are not backing down from the virus. I can definitely see the no fan policy for now but as time get closer I can see them making adjustments. The faster the NBA, NHL,  MLB, and MLS start back up it will give the NFL ideas of how to approach the season whether it is some tickets 50-75% stadium seating or to just not have fans in general. 

It definitely has become a political spectacle in the US because of elections and who says what and vis versa so what can be said now can change a week from now. Just look at California they were saying that the state is shut down and no sports until Sept 30 as of last week now they are willing to open facilities by June 1st. When it all comes down to it the Gov't may or may not say they are concerned for the "People's health" but the main concern is getting the economy going again and trying to get back to norm with this virus still out there. Unfortunately for "US" we have to hear all the nonsense the gov't says today and the next day possibly being the opposite of what they said the previous day. We just have to hope there is a season without any delays or hiccups and hopefully a way of doing some testing during security forcing everyone to wear masks and have a ton of hand sanitizer at designated stations in order to allow fans in the stands. I wouldnt be surprised if there are no fans in stadiums they do some different version of the NFL ticket and then also get new cameras in different areas and have multiple channels doing different things per game. As goodell was able to adapt to the virtual draft I can see them doing that during the regular season.

I initially thought they could do distanced seating to help sustain some sort of income stream to assist the teams, but now I suspect the real limitation will be related to the restrooms, etc.. The restrooms, gates, and concessions are the 3 main bottlenecks where social distancing becomes challenging to adhere to. That would really limit the numbers of people who could attend. Unfortunately, I suspect you couldn't even accommodate all the season ticket holders. You also have the suites and they would be affected as well to some extent. This whole situation just stinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are obviously bigger life concerns going on here but man does it ever suck to think that there is a chance we won't be able to see New Era Field rocking for this team this season.

Of all years to happen, it had to be when the Bills have realistic deep playoff aspirations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

I initially thought they could do distanced seating to help sustain some sort of income stream to assist the teams, but now I suspect the real limitation will be related to the restrooms, etc.. The restrooms, gates, and concessions are the 3 main bottlenecks where social distancing becomes challenging to adhere to. That would really limit the numbers of people who could attend. Unfortunately, I suspect you couldn't even accommodate all the season ticket holders. You also have the suites and they would be affected as well to some extent. This whole situation just stinks.

Well with less fans in the stadium those concession or stadium attendants that would be working certain areas can assist with the bathroom gate and concession spots. They can also look to add a few more staff members to assist in this which gives job opportunities. Gate entrance would need to start an hour to 2 hours earlier then normal. An issue will be tailgating. Honestly its not ideal but when I went to nashville last year they had whats called a happy hour which is an hour before the game you get deals on drinks and food. If they want social distancing and open up a bit earlier for gates to have less bottlenecking they can make up some extra revenue as well as give the fans some form of tailgating. Have something like $2 beers and $1 hot dogs from 10-1. Something along those lines, it will get people in at the time they want whether they pre-game in their car or go in to the stadium earlier and not have everyone rush to the spot at once. No matter what it is not going to be perfect or completely figured out but as things are opening each day in different states a closer time will tell if the stadiums will be completely open or no fans at all. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

There are obviously bigger life concerns going on here but man does it ever suck to think that there is a chance we won't be able to see New Era Field rocking for this team this season.

Of all years to happen, it had to be when the Bills have realistic deep playoff aspirations. 

It definitely sucks but I am just hoping for a season, I can not imagine football not being available to watch even on tv in the fall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody watch Bills embedded yet?

love seeing glimpses of the behind the scenes from the senior bowl and combine. Looks like the Bills were high on Gabriel Davis for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Anybody watch Bills embedded yet?

love seeing glimpses of the behind the scenes from the senior bowl and combine. Looks like the Bills were high on Gabriel Davis for a while.

Yea it sounded like they were big on him and Moss. They clearly had no intention of bringing in Fromm but the value and him dropping was for the taking. It was interesting to hear that Beane tried trading up for Moss. I am now interested in seeing what this kid could do as he sounded humble at the combine meeting. Some have compared him to Marshawn Lynch so if he can bring that style to Buffalo with good results and want to be here this could be an unexpected home run pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 9:55 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Yea it sounded like they were big on him and Moss. They clearly had no intention of bringing in Fromm but the value and him dropping was for the taking. It was interesting to hear that Beane tried trading up for Moss. I am now interested in seeing what this kid could do as he sounded humble at the combine meeting. Some have compared him to Marshawn Lynch so if he can bring that style to Buffalo with good results and want to be here this could be an unexpected home run pick.

A nice combination of Lynch and Travis Henry would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Gotta love this. Seems like Allen really connected with the rookies in Cali.

yea I heard he flew the 3 rookies out to his place to work out. I knew they worked out but I didnt know it was on his dime which was nice if he did do that. As for the video 2 balls were involved in that trick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×