Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The case I could see happening where Howell goes first is if New Orleans likes him and the Panthers, Falcons don't go QB and the Steelers stay at 20.

I think, across all 32 teams' draft boards, each of those 5 QBs appears at the top on at least one.

I just feel like Howell has had by far the least buzz of all 5. All the others I’ve heard associated with being high on teams boards/potential top 10 picks at least. Maybe I’ve just missed the same being said for Howell.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not that it has anything to do with the above, but I think I’m at the point where I think it’ll be Walker.

Too many people running with it over the last few weeks and it’s getting stronger by the day.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Not that it has anything to do with the above, but I think I’m at the point where I think it’ll be Walker.

Too many people running with it over the last few weeks and it’s getting stronger by the day.

I reached this point with Mac Jones last year too. I know just what you're going through

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I just thought this yesterday. Lovie even outright admitted that he was looking to heavily upgrade CB. 

1. Walker 2. Hutchinson 3. Gardner 4. Thibodeux? Neal?

Think those are the likely top 5 in some order, yes. Could see Ickey over Neal though.

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I just thought this yesterday. Lovie even outright admitted that he was looking to heavily upgrade CB. 

1. Walker 2. Hutchinson 3. Gardner 4. Thibodeux? Neal?

If Thibs is there, I think he's the pick for the Jets. I know that Douglas may want an offensive lineman, so it may be a bit of a "fight" between he and Saleh, but Thibs would be insanely hard to pass up 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It'll be interesting to see how Atlanta operates.  They've got an extra SRP as part of the Julio Jones trades, and an extra 3rd round pick as part of the Matt Ryan trade beyond their own picks.  Do they start their draft with Jameson Williams and then try and put a bunch of future pieces or do they grab their QB at 8?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ojabo is one of our picks in the 2nd (if there). Like I mentioned in the mock top 10 earlier in the thread, no problem with them punting this year. We've got too many positions for us to target any particular player (or position for that matter). Follow the board, grab BPA, build for 23

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Lots of rumors about the Giants and Cross. If the top 4 are Walker, Hutchinson, Gardner, Thibodeux and we take Charles Cross, I'm gonna be mad.

In the last 24 hours, Cross has gone from +1000 to +750 in the betting odds to be the #1 OL selected.  I think it is more than just smoke that Cross is rising up boards to the point where he could legit be the first OL off the board at #5.  As of now I'll still have Ekwonu mocked to go #5 (with my top 4 being your exact order), but Cross going there would not be shocking at all based on the recent buzz.

13 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

In the last 24 hours, Cross has gone from +1000 to +750 in the betting odds to be the #1 OL selected.  I think it is more than just smoke that Cross is rising up boards to the point where he could legit be the first OL off the board at #5.  As of now I'll still have Ekwonu mocked to go #5 (with my top 4 being your exact order), but Cross going there would not be shocking at all based on the recent buzz.

Cross is tremendous. He doesn’t have the versatility of the other two which is a fair gripe but I’m a fan.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Cross is tremendous. He doesn’t have the versatility of the other two which is a fair gripe but I’m a fan.

I don't like him nearly as much as Ickey and Neal. And if the Giants take Cross, they have to move either Andrew Thomas, who played really well last year at LT, or Charles Cross, who has never played anything but LT, to the right side. It could be a disaster.

• Like 1