Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We all figured the Vikes would be going hard on a trade up. I love Maye so I think the Pats did well just taking the franchise QB, but that package was not a weak one by any means.

The Giants offered 6, 47, 107, and a 2025 1st for 3. Supposedly, Eliot Wolf was ready to accept that package but Robert Kraft and his outside consultants veto'd it.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:16 PM, minutemancl said:

The Giants offered 6, 47, 107, and a 2025 1st for 3. Supposedly, Eliot Wolf was ready to accept that package but Robert Kraft and his outside consultants veto'd it.

Nick Wright made a great point about this yesterday. If the Pats had taken this deal, the Giants would've picked Maye and had hardly any picks left to improve their roster, and would likely be the odds on favorite for the number one overall pick next year. It would've been a Bears/Panthers like situation. I would've made the trade, but I guess they valued Maye highly.

17 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Nick Wright made a great point about this yesterday. If the Pats had taken this deal, the Giants would've picked Maye and had hardly any picks left to improve their roster, and would likely be the odds on favorite for the number one overall pick next year. It would've been a Bears/Panthers like situation. I would've made the trade, but I guess they valued Maye highly.

You really never know how kids develop but early reports are next years QB crop aint it, which may have driven the QB frenzy this year to a degree. Having a top 5 pick in the Pickett/Ridder class isn't exactly a boon.