Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Love it. 

If there were a few teams that I bought in on the "he's not our type of player personality wise" for him, Detroit would probably be one. Humorously, I think the Texans would be another, so I definitely think he'll be there at 4. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

If there were a few teams that I bought in on the "he's not our type of player personality wise" for him, Detroit would probably be one. Humorously, I think the Texans would be another, so I definitely think he'll be there at 4. 

I don't buy it for a second.  They've been linked to Thibs since mid-season.

Fwiw, I’m fairly certain that Josina Anderson said back in November/December when the Lions were in line for first overall that Thibs was “their guy”.

Not sure if I’ll be able to find the tweet, but I definitely remember it.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Fwiw, I’m fairly certain that Josina Anderson said back in November/December when the Lions were in line for first overall that Thibs was “there guy”.

Not sure if I’ll be able to find the tweet, but I definitely remember it.

I feel like Thibs to the Lions has been the most linked prospect throughout this draft process.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Detroit.  I don't think Thibs has been linked to Houston tbh.  Neal seems to be the routine name linked to them.  Heard some Sauce Gardner there as well.

Thibs and Campbell seems an odd fit together personality wise to me. 

This i cant see getting past 4. I'd literally crap my pants if he got to Seattle. 

Cross won't go to Seattle. He doesn't have the athletic profile they like and he comes from an air raid offense. I know it's just it's fashionable to just plug guys into your mocks where you think a need arises but that's the last place he will land.  

My guess is they reach for someone else (not that cross isn't a reach there) a defensive end or another tackle like Penning or Karloftis. You really have to go against common logic when picking for Seattle. 

Edited by SHONUFF
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, SHONUFF said:

My guess is they reach for someone else (not that cross isn't a reach there) a defensive end or another tackle like Penning or Karloftis. You really have to go against common logic when picking for Seattle. 

Seattle hasn't picked this high in a LONG time, so I'm not sure we really have enough to go off of.

2 hours ago, SHONUFF said:

This i cant see getting past 4. I'd literally crap my pants if he got to Seattle. 

Cross won't go to Seattle. He doesn't have the athletic profile they like and he comes from an air raid offense. I know it's just it's fashionable to just plug guys into your mocks where you think a need arises but that's the last place he will land.  

If the QBs end up going 6 and/or 8 (especially Carolina at 6), don't be at all surprised if whoever the Giants don't pick between Neal/Ekwonu isn't the pick at 9.  If they don't go OL (or shock pick a QB) I'd bet on Jermaine Johnson.  In my (final?) 7 round mock draft I just completed this afternoon, Ekwonu ended up going 9 (with Neal 5), and Cross 13.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Seattle hasn't picked this high in a LONG time, so I'm not sure we really have enough to go off of.

The last time they picked this high they draft a tackle with a tremendous Athletic profile and That was Russell Okung. If one of the top 4 rushers are gone and they can't move down it will be Penning. He fits what they do. 

On 4/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, Forge said:

Good possibility. The 4 players I would have on my board are Hutchinson,Thibodeaux,Gardner,and Ekwonu.