New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t want any of those media clown shows, get real. I watch Carr play football. 

As for the off-season take, simply saying I doubt the guy is anywhere near obsessed with studying and training as guys like Brady/Manning/Rodgers/etc are. I’m not saying Carr doesn’t train or watch film in the off season but those guys are animals and absolutely obsess over it. 

You're comparing to the 1%. Brady and Brees are tireless workers. They are extermely rare. Good luck finding a QB like that. Maybe 1 in 100 work to that level. Carr's work ethic is fine. It's NEVER been questioned and shouldn't be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're comparing to the 1%. Brady and Brees are tireless workers. They are extermely rare. Good luck finding a QB like that. Maybe 1 in 100 work to that level. Carr's work ethic is fine. It's NEVER been questioned and shouldn't be. 

There is a difference between work ethic and obsession. I do not doubt Carrs work ethic. And I was using those three as an example. Plenty more. Religion and Family mixed together is extremely time consuming, not that I, in any way, have an issue with that, so let’s not turn this into something it’s not. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t want any of those media clown shows, get real. I watch Carr play football. 

As for the off-season take, simply saying I doubt the guy is anywhere near obsessed with studying and training as guys like Brady/Manning/Rodgers/etc are. I’m not saying Carr doesn’t train or watch film in the off season but those guys are animals and absolutely obsess over it. 

Tbh I thought Steven A was still doing a show with that old guy skip until this carr vs max thing came out last year. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not a qb thing imo it’s a professional thing. How big is your drive to succeed. What are you willing to sacrifice. how much time are you willing to put in?

I deal with it every year with my players in the offseason. not saying high school is on the same level as nfl. You always want to stay ahead of your comp. you gotta think while I’m at home relaxing that offensive guard I owned last year has my # on a blocking dummy and is going ham on it preparing to get his revenge etc

i have no idea about carr’s work ethic which is why I’m inquiring about it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not a qb thing imo it’s a professional thing. How big is your drive to succeed. What are you willing to sacrifice. how much time are you willing to put in?

I deal with it every year with my players in the offseason. not saying high school is on the same level as nfl. You always want to stay ahead of your comp. you gotta think while I’m at home relaxing that offensive guard I owned last year has my # on a blocking dummy and is going ham on it preparing to get his revenge etc

i have no idea about carr’s work ethic which is why I’m inquiring about it 

Gruden has praised Carr's work ethic in the past:

“We’ve been pushing each other,” Gruden said. “We’ve had a blast. I mean he’s wearing me out. He’s knocking on my door at 9 o’clock at night already. I’m waking up at 5 in the morning, there he is again. He loves it. He has a passion for football and winning… he’s going to have a heck of a year.”

https://www.raidersbeat.com/gruden-derek-carr-is-wearing-me-out-with-work-ethic/

@BayRaider is just trying to gaslight everyone. Thinks if he keep saying the same dumb things over and over again, eventually people will start to believe him. 

Heck, I'm 50/50 on Carr for 2020, but I'm rooting for him just to shut some these clowns up now it's getting so ridiculous. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/gruden-derek-carr-is-wearing-me-out-with-work-ethic/

@BayRaider is just trying to gaslight everyone. Thinks if he keep saying the same dumb things over and over again, eventually people will start to believe him. 

Heck, I'm 50/50 on Carr for 2020, but I'm rooting for him just to shut some these clowns up now it's getting so ridiculous. 

Anything current?

Gruden and carr were full of life before the season last year. Been real quiet this offseason tho 

And @big_palooka once again acting holy and mighty and this his opinion is above the law. 

It’s a tired debate. I get it. I’m sick of it too. You think I enjoy debating in this thread? God no. This is a grueling, energy draining, and mental aggravating. I just want a decision, one way or the other, to end it. 

However, there has been extreme things said on both sides. Not just the side arguing against Carr. That’s far from the truth. The reason I keep coming back in here is some wildly outlandish takes that Carr still doesn’t have a good supporting cast. He has one of the greatest supporting cast’s in football. The ones debating for Carr want a absolute perfect scenario of: Rare #1 WR, Solid 2 and 3, Top 5 TE, Good second TE, Top 2 OL, Top 7-8 RB. It’s just so ridiculously over the top to say he still needs “more”. Even if we get a rare #1 WR, they will then complain about play calling. Do you see the non-stop vicious cycle? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hate how debates turn petty everyone is entitled to express their own thoughts respectfully and debate them respectfully .imo that’s why I’ve been here for years now. people should just stick to the facts instead of all the extra stuff 

I totally agree, especially when you can go back and see that I have agreed that he`s a game manager and gun shy. I have stated this would be his last chance with me (especially if he cant get outta his own head with KC), I have stated that bringing in a challenge would be welcomed by me, I have said if brady and a rook is the plan id get behind that of course(I may cuss him, but I also acknowledge he`s the GOAT). all of these things stated are in black and white. its not a cult (which is just the self serving humor of the anti - carr faction,...I get it) telling us to go with carr wherever he SUPPOSEDLY goes and celebrate mediocrity is flat out insulting and disrespectful. I`m a raider fan, marine and ex-1%er....I don't do insults or disrespect so well. Ive always appreciated yours(and almost everyones) posts and opinions, most of the time I enjoy reading on here , great insights , intelligent opinions, good news source. but this offseason and last offseason with the carr rumors and conjecture wear ya out.lol I mean a perfect example is the guy saying teams MIGHT be inquiring about acquiring carr, which makes sense given the supposed circumstances, has to go back out and clarify that this does NOT mean carr is on the block cuz writers are running with it like wildfire.lol  I take it all with a grain of salt until tom terrific is in s&b officially. btw, I also again agree with one poster on here that it wouldn't surprise me if carr pulled a kaufman in the future, I thought about that even before he posted it. right about when carr broke his back( after breaking his leg and finger the year before) the Luck and Keuchley retirements don't help that feeling either.lol

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

that right there is perfect , that last part is definitely close to where im at.lmao!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting 

I remember last year carr was working out with ab and Tyrell but more ab. I don’t see it this year. Again I only see what athletes choose to make public. But I follow Tyrell also and I’ve seen nothing. I was legit curious if he’s doing anything.

i agree about him not knowing how to navigate thru the media and talking heads. I too wish he’d just ignore it and focus on his craft. I also think having his brother as a media guy doesn’t help.

its too late now you’re our official carr insider lol now go get us some info 

Lol

to be honest I’ve tried not to bring up my connection because there isn’t much of one. But it’s why I’ve been able to infer some things due to things my bro in law has said. I do have a funny story though:

My nephew was going over to Carr’s house a few weeks ago. He was going with his grandmother and my BiL was telling him he was going to eat at a fancy restaurant over there and to behave himself. My nephew Who’s nine, asked him what he should order there. Me being the wiley uncle told him Salmon. 😂😂😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And @big_palooka once again acting holy and mighty and this his opinion is above the law. 

It’s a tired debate. I get it. I’m sick of it too. You think I enjoy debating in this thread? God no. This is a grueling, energy draining, and mental aggravating. I just want a decision, one way or the other, to end it. 

However, there has been extreme things said on both sides. Not just the side arguing against Carr. That’s far from the truth. The reason I keep coming back in here is some wildly outlandish takes that Carr still doesn’t have a good supporting cast. He has one of the greatest supporting cast’s in football. The ones debating for Carr want a absolute perfect scenario of: Rare #1 WR, Solid 2 and 3, Top 5 TE, Good second TE, Top 2 OL, Top 7-8 RB. It’s just so ridiculously over the top to say he still needs “more”. Even if we get a rare #1 WR, they will then complain about play calling. Do you see the non-stop vicious cycle? 

To be honest, the most extreme thing said is that Carr is better than Mahomes. That's absolutely ridiculous

Everything else said on both sides is fine by my standards even if it is not my view point

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

Lol

to be honest I’ve tried not to bring up my connection because there isn’t much of one. But it’s why I’ve been able to infer some things due to things my bro in law has said. I do have a funny story though:

My nephew was going over to Carr’s house a few weeks ago. He was going with his grandmother and my BiL was telling him he was going to eat at a fancy restaurant over there and to behave himself. My nephew Who’s nine, asked him what he should order there. Me being the wiley uncle told him Salmon. 😂😂😂

that's good stuff bro! lol!