New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

21 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

These are important individual stats. The fact that Carr is top 5 in scoring his first 6 seasons says a lot. You can’t be top five and put those losses on Carr obviously he’s doing everything he can to help the team win. This also shows that the team around him wasn’t elite. 

Except he can’t beat good teams 

The bold is a down right lie and pure delusion if you watched Carr play these last 3 seasons 

imo he has nice stats due to no matter how bad he plays he’s never been pulled out of a game until gruden. The stats are impressive on paper tbh. No qb has been allowed to lose so many games and still start. Not saying it’s all dc’s fault but no qb or coach iirc has been allowed to lose this many games and still keep their job. 

• Like 1

Just remember that Claim to fame year in 2016 we was 1-3 vs playoff teams. He had 2 1000 yard wrs, 1000 yard rb, one of the best olines ever in pass protection. Oh and a defense that took the ball away 30 times. People always leave that out. They was bad but they took it away 30 times. 

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

Except he can’t beat good teams 

The bold is a down right lie and pure delusion if you watched Carr play these last 3 seasons 

Yet guys still talk about brining in Jameis and Stafford?  Give me a break.  It would be the same result.  Which is why I have continually said to build the roster until you can land the guy to get you over the hill.  And it won't be through FA.  

19 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Just remember that Claim to fame year in 2016 we was 1-3 vs playoff teams. He had 2 1000 yard wrs, 1000 yard rb, one of the best olines ever in pass protection. Oh and a defense that took the ball away 30 times. People always leave that out. They was bad but they took it away 30 times. 

while I do agree, Carr struggles against strong teams, the whole playoff team stat is a bit skewed.

If we had lost to  Tenn, Balt, Tamp then any of them would have made the playoffs. 
Teams like NO and Den would have been very close as well. 

Not that it changes much, because we struggle against the real strong teams regardless, but if say we lost those 3 games, then his record against playoff teams goes to 1-6.. since he won them it doesnt count as a playoff team.... but, if not for the loss to Carr, they would be.

25 minutes ago, Totty said:

Yet guys still talk about brining in Jameis and Stafford?  Give me a break.  It would be the same result.  Which is why I have continually said to build the roster until you can land the guy to get you over the hill.  And it won't be through FA.  

We saw Carr with legitimate weapons and he still couldn’t see them open. No one wants jameis.

24 minutes ago, Totty said:

How will it be. Hope a late first rounder or 2nd rounder becomes a franchise guy. The team is never gonna suck bad enough to get the top 3 prospects. Hope Jalen hurts becomes something. Carr or brady or rivers. Jordan makes most sense at 19 if he is there. You probably not gonna get another opportunity to draft that talent in late first rd and 2nd rd again in near future. 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

while I do agree, Carr struggles against strong teams, the whole playoff team stat is a bit skewed.

If we had lost to  Tenn, Balt, Tamp then any of them would have made the playoffs. 
Teams like NO and Den would have been very close as well. 

Not that it changes much, because we struggle against the real strong teams regardless, but if say we lost those 3 games, then his record against playoff teams goes to 1-6.. since he won them it doesnt count as a playoff team.... but, if not for the loss to Carr, they would be.

U can say that about any team that beat them though,  the stat works the same way for all teams involved. They lost 7 or 8 other games besides the one to carr. That logic doesnt really make sense.  

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

How will it be. Hope a late first rounder or 2nd rounder becomes a franchise guy. The team is never gonna suck bad enough to get the top 3 prospects. Hope Jalen hurts becomes something. Carr or brady or rivers. Jordan makes most sense at 19 if he is there. You probably not gonna get another opportunity to draft that talent in late first rd and 2nd rd again in near future. 

i mean teams can trade up in the draft...
KC traded up for Mahommes
Hou traded up for Watson
Jets traded up for Daronald *albiet only 3 spots or something* 
Chicago traded up for Mitch * only one*

and then the falcons moved way up to get Julio.

When you are one piece away, you can get aggresive if there is a guy you like.. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

U can say that about any team that beat them though,  the stat works the same way for all teams involved. They lost 7 or 8 other games besides the one to carr. That logic doesnt really make sense.  

lost 6 or 7 other games. not that it makes a big difference.

Im just saying I guess that there are so many middle of the pack teams in the nfl, that the playoff stat is a bit skewed. because 1 loss in the nfl can make a huge difference. 

Only 2 Teams missed the playoffs by 1 game that year, Tenn and Tampa. we beat both, the stat doesnt show that, but if we had lost, the stat would reflect it, so it is skewed.

And yes you can say it for every team, but it doesnt change the fact that a stat doesnt tell the whole story.