New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Lol I like the analogy.. and I think there is a lot of truth to that. 

but let’s say your Deck (supporting cast) where you bbq sits, is falling apart, are you going to spend money on that new bbq or fix the base? 

You’re acting like that deck is totally shattered though, maybe it has a very minor crack and BBQ is still performing terribly. I would replace the BBQ in that instance. 

OL - Top 2

WR’s - Tyrell/Renfrow solid, but he does need another one

TE - Top 5, and Foster was a legit redzone threat

RB - Top 6-7

I mean his supporting cast was just fine and most QBs would completely kill for this cast. You basically add Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs III and it’s The Greatest Show on Turf... the supporting cast excuses is highly highly over exaggerated by Carr Supporters. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’re acting like that deck is totally shattered though, maybe it has a very minor crack and BBQ is still performing terribly. I would replace the BBQ in that instance. 

OL - Top 2

RB - Top 6-7

I mean his supporting cast was just fine and most QBs would completely kill for this cast. You basically add Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs III and it’s The Greatest Show on Turf... the supporting cast excuses is highly highly over exaggerated by Carr Supporters. 

Fair enough, I wasn’t just talking about O though. I was mainly talking about our D. 

i believe/ agree that with a better #1 WR, our O is basically set. But that’s still only 50 % of the supporting cast. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

OL - Top 2

RB - Top 6-7

This is disingenuous. We barely had the offense healthy and when we did everything looked great.

Jacobs was missing down the stretch and wasn't 100%. The OL starting 5 wasn't healthy for more than 4 or 5 games in total.

Foster was out down the stretch.

Renfrow wasn't a factor till the 2nd half of the season and was out for 3 of those games. Tyrell was good when healthy, terrible when hobbled (although not really his fault).

If everyone is healthy (big IF considering how seldom that was the case last year) and you add Jeudy or another top guy, I agree the offense will be looking phenomenal. 

I can make a more salient argument that you've overrated the supporting cast than vice versa. You already got called out in NFL gen numerous times by neutral fans for overrating our offensive cast and suggesting that it's being "held back". It was a short passing run-heavy offense in the way it was designed. Especially because of personnel. If you don't believe me, look at the predesigned plays gruden designed on 3rd and 10+

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

but let’s say your Deck (supporting cast) where you bbq sits, is falling apart, are you going to spend money on that new bbq or fix the base? 

New bbq 12 out 10 times.l. I can always just grill on the sidewalk until the HOA police give me the stink eye 😉

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Course it is poker talk but the issue is how the reporter spun the comments to make it suit his narrative. 

Meh the interview is available for all if someone doesn’t take the time to view it themselves and trust a reporter’s interpretation that’s someone’s prerogative. 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is disingenuous. We barely had the offense healthy and when we did everything looked great.

Jacobs was missing down the stretch and wasn't 100%. The OL starting 5 wasn't healthy for more than 4 or 5 games in total.

Renfrow wasn't a factor till the 2nd half of the season and was out for 3 of those games. Tyrell was good when healthy, terrible when hobbled (although not really his fault).

If everyone is healthy (big IF considering how seldom that was the case last year) and you add Jeudy or another top guy, I agree the offense will be looking phenomenal. 

I can make a more salient argument that you've overrated the supporting cast than vice versa. You already got called out in NFL gen numerous times by neutral fans for overrating our offensive cast and suggesting that it's being "held back". It was a short passing run-heavy offense in the way it was designed. Especially because of personnel. If you don't believe me, look at the predesigned plays gruden designed on 3rd and 10+

What’s overrated in what I said? I said Tyrell/Renfrow are solid. OL is #2 to Indy. Waller was absolutely a Top 5 TE. Foster was a monster redzone threat. Jacobs was around the 7th best RB in the league going by his yards, YPC, and Top 2 in yards after contact. 

Care to elaborate where anything I said is inaccurate? The only person who said I was overrating talent is Yin-Yang who many posters don’t respect in any way on this site, check the Burfict thread. His opinions are very bias. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh the interview is available for all if someone doesn’t take the time to view it themselves and trust a reporter’s interpretation that’s someone’s prerogative. 

Meh a lot of people will have read the tweet and believed it. It was quoted in here as evidence of that.

16 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Deck is part of the house so that’s a easy question.

I don’t think you can spin it like that.

Maybe fix the grill grates instead of getting a new grill? Hard to spin it but nice try homie lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What’s overrated in what I said? I said Tyrell/Renfrow are solid. OL is #2 to Indy. Waller was absolutely a Top 5 TE. Foster was a monster redzone threat. Jacobs was around the 7th best RB in the league going by his yards, YPC, and Top 2 in yards after contact. 

Care to elaborate where anything I said is inaccurate? The only person who said I was overrating talent is Yin-Yang who many posters don’t respect in any way on this site, check the Burfict thread. His opinions are very bias. 

Jakuvious said the exact same thing. He's been around for ages. I'll pull the quotes. I don't really mind.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He overrate it and you underrate it. The o line comment in particular. The o line played great for at least 3 quarters of the season. Missing ritchie and gabe early on didnt hurt them a bit. Even miss trent wasnt that bad at first. They finish season ranked in top 8 in pass pro and run blocking. Losing Jacob was huge. He was the one carrying the offense. I think bay certainly overrate Foster and the wr core. But if you think a wr and a backup rb and some depth is all we really need. 14 pts a game in those last 6 or 7 games isnt acceptable. And some of that falls on Carr. Gruden In video doesnt even sound like he wants to talk about his qb. Not even exciting about him. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think you are both saying that when healthy we have a very stacked O, and are 1 or 2 pieces away.

we were 6-4 through the toughest schedule in the league with that O. 
after week 10 we lost a lot of those pieces, Tyrell was playing through Turf toe. Hunter missed games, Jacobs missed games, our Olineman missed games. And Moreau missed the rest. 

now I’m a big proponent of next man up, and I know every team has injuries, but that was a lot. 

also, not only next man up, but when your O is playing bad, it’s time for the D to step up and vice versa. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Brady would be 15mil more than Carr.
That's Byron Jones money.

Brady isn't Byron Jones better than Carr.

And if we keep Carr and dont get byron jones. If they wanted Littleton jones and brady. They could make it work.  But mayock doesnt seem to strike me as a dude that would sign jones anyway. 

Edited by dante9876