The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

22 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I don't think they should hold it against him not fighting Chimaev on a months notice given that his whole training camp was centered on going up against a striker in Masvidal. 

And the Leon/Khamzat fight is cursed. That fight was scheduled 3 separate times last year and never happened lol

Luckily for Leon the card is stacked, and they don't NEED to have him fight against someone.  But Dana absolutely would hold it against him if he really wanted him to fight a replacement (Chimaev) and Leon said no.  Should that be the case?  Probably not....but Uncle Dana is a sh.tbag.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

lol

The same guy that had a good feeling about him getting KO'd last week

The slug and Dan Hooker both quit immediately as did basically everyone that fought against fighters from their region. Dan Hooker was also posting videos/pictures of money following the fight, so I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that they both took dives tbh. 

Either way Leon is one of the top guys in the division and has been for years, I didn't even know who the hell Slug was before that fight. I promise you Chimaev isn't running through Leon like that, isn't his only loss in the UFC to Usman, lol.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The slug and Dan Hooker both quit immediately as did basically everyone that fought against fighters from their region. Dan Hooker was also posting videos/pictures of money following the fight, so I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that they both took dives tbh. 

Either way Leon is one of the top guys in the division and has been for years, I didn't even know who the hell Slug was before that fight. I promise you Chimaev isn't running through Leon like that, isn't his only loss in the UFC to Usman, lol.

Wow...that's pretty good...talking bout dives now in the UFC...mmmmm hmmmmm

Be sure to put lots of money on Leon if they fight!

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47129t8io3augmzjx9lo3

Edited by big poppa pump

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Wow...that's pretty good

Be sure to put lots of money on Leon if they fight!

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47129t8io3augmzjx9lo3

I mean there was definitely a financial incentive for those guys to win fighting on Fight Island. Dan Hooker looked as happy as could be just posting memes about money immediately after the fight.

I'd definitely bet money on Leon against Chimaev if the fight does happen.