The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I’m not as involved in mma as I used to be, but I’d say the majority of fans/athletes I know have the same opinion, “undoubted skill, but pretty boring/blah and awful with promos.”

This is the problem when you have a counter striker that isn't a true finisher as your champion. It lends to a ton of snoozers because the dude knows he can just outpoint you. We NEED Pereira to beat him.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Say what you what you want. But he didn’t try to pull that, “he needs to beat more contenders” **** like Oliveira does with Islam

That's because he'd look like a ***** if he did since he's 0-2 vs dude in kickboxing.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Wonder if Volk goes up or down. There's nothing left for him at 145. Not unless Cejudo comes out of retirement and jumps the line.

He cant safely make BW can he? LW is where its at now

Especially if Ortega beats Yair. Not a person out there thinks Emmett deserves a title shot, Volk shouldn’t waste his time

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

Pereira is next right? I mean looking at the rankings vs the champ

Whittaker 2 Ls

Cannonier just lost

Vettori 2 Ls

Strickland just lost to Pereira

Brunson just lost and lost to the champ

Hermannson(7) and Till(8) are fighting but cant imagine thats a #1 contender fight

It just seems crazy for Pereira to go from unranked to title shot

I really like Izzy. He's insanely talented when he wants to be and he's entertaining enough on the mic, but the guy literally put me to sleep yesterday. Woke up with 45 seconds left and at first didn't think I missed a beat because they looked the exact same. Hopefully Pereira brings the best out of him but I have a feeling it's going to be another dancefest. 

Anyone who says Usman or Volk are the clear #1 P4P are wrong. It's a toss up. Either can have the spot but the other guy is RIGHT behind them. 

Seeing Strickland unconscious probably made my month UFC-wise. That was amazing.

The more I think about it, and as much as I hate to say it, I think Pedro was looking for a way out. The poke didn't look to really get in there and the damage to that eye was already there before hand. I hate throwing that accusation at anyone willing to step into the octagon (especially one that was already up -1-0_, but I just don't see how that "poke" was bad enough to stop the fight.  

Volkanovski is seriously on track to being the goat right now. like greatest of all time, p4p. the way he's fighting right now, and the way he's improving, he's going to be in the convo.

what he did to Holloway - freakin Max freakin Holloway - today was bloody insane.

155 fight is really interesting, because he's really undersized for LW - he's even short for FW - but stylistically I like him against submission guys like Islam and Olives

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)