The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

No it isn't. He got poked in his right eye. He's literally reaching at his right eye here talking to the ref.

pedro-munhoz-ufc-276.png

I agree but his left eye is the one in that is closed in the Glover video, right?

It's taken in selfie mode. We know that because the writing on his shirt in the instagram video is reversed (and you can see reversed writing in the background even in this picture).

If it were someone else filming, you would be right, but if you open your phone and flip it front camera (where text is reversed) and it should be the other eye, no?

Just now, Soggust said:

I agree but his left eye is the one in that is closed in the Glover video, right?

It's taken in selfie mode. We know that because the writing on his shirt in the instagram video is reversed (and you can see reversed writing in the background even in this picture).

If it were someone else filming, you would be right, but if you open your phone and flip it front camera (where text is reversed) and it should be the other eye, no?

True. He did get poked in both eyes. Here's a pic with him holding his left eye too after it.

pedro-munhoz-sean-omalley-ufc-276-12.jpg

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

True. He did get poked in both eyes. Here's a pic with him holding his left eye too after it.

pedro-munhoz-sean-omalley-ufc-276-12.jpg

Hard to tell off a still frame if he's covering in pain or if this is where he's covering it to try to see out of his right eye, but I don't know that I agree he got poked in both eyes. In the video, it doesn't appear that his middle finger actually goes into the left eye, but even if we said it did - he immediately covers his right eye and certainly was favoring it immediately afterwards. 

Certainly, I don't think he was "afraid" in the sense of getting hurt, but he did need a win badly and if he started gassing or whatever - who knows. It was close even if he was ahead.

I actually think the most likely scenario is he was milking for a point deduction (given his "twice in a row" comment) and maybe accidentally went a little too far. But I like Pedro and thought he was great value at +280. I don't even have a problem with him stopping the fight, but even Aljo took the 5 mins =p.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Hard to tell off a still frame if he's covering in pain or if this is where he's covering it to try to see out of his right eye, but I don't know that I agree he got poked in both eyes. In the video, it doesn't appear that his middle finger actually goes into the left eye, but even if we said it did - he immediately covers his right eye and certainly was favoring it immediately afterwards. 

Certainly, I don't think he was "afraid" in the sense of getting hurt, but he did need a win badly and if he started gassing or whatever - who knows. It was close even if he was ahead.

I actually think the most likely scenario is he was milking for a point deduction (given his "twice in a row" comment) and maybe accidentally went a little too far. But I like Pedro and thought he was great value at +280. I don't even have a problem with him stopping the fight, but even Aljo took the 5 mins =p.

Yeah, who knows. My biggest issue is all the O'Malley meatheads saying stupid **** about Munhoz despite the fact that the man has been in there with the best of the best. 

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Regardless, I just don't buy the fact that a man that's fought wars with Aldo, Cruz, Edgar, Garbrandt, Sterling, Dodson, Font and Rivera is going look for a way out in a fight. 

especially a fight he was winning. was definitely odd. give him the benefit of the doubt 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

especially a fight he was winning. was definitely odd. give him the benefit of the doubt 

I mean, even if he was trending to wrong way, he's someone that's floored Dom Cruz twice, so he's never out of a fight and he can catch those awkward types. He 100% deserves the benefit of the doubt.

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

bk, mate, we're both Christian Watson believers, but you gotta stop the hate parade on Izzy. recognize and accept high level striking when you see it

only champ i've disliked more was twood. or carla esparza right now 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)