The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

lol good, Aspinall will just jump you in the rankings later

I mean, it would be pretty stupid for Blaydes to sit out waiting for Tom to get healthy. Same thing with Yair.

It may not move him or Yair up in the rankings, but it puts them one more fight away from a possible title fight. Looks like HW is going to be a combo of Bones, Stipe, Gane, and Blaydes until Francis gets back in the octagon. 

19 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Anyone watching DWCS tonight?

I watched the first two and caught the last one this morning. That Philly gym is looking really nice lately. 

I feel like these fights are a much better betting opportunity than the big cards lately. 

Been reading that Stipe has been putting on some quality weight, and now is up to around 250.  That was definitely what needed to be done.  He is already quick enough, and fighting guys that looked like they were a full weight class bigger than him was not the answer.  Ngannou will always be physically stronger, but he needs to match some of that size to even be in the game.  If Bones thinks he will be able to rag doll Stipe coming up from Light Heavyweight, it doesn't appear that is going to happen.  

Let's just hope we see these 3 facing off sooner, rather than later!!!

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Been reading that Stipe has been putting on some quality weight, and now is up to around 250.  That was definitely what needed to be done.  He is already quick enough, and fighting guys that looked like they were a full weight class bigger than him was not the answer.  Ngannou will always be physically stronger, but he needs to match some of that size to even be in the game.  If Bones thinks he will be able to rag doll Stipe coming up from Light Heavyweight, it doesn't appear that is going to happen.  

Let's just hope we see these 3 facing off sooner, rather than later!!!

Yea I want to see this Jones at HW experiment, I'm tired of talking, book a fight!

17 hours ago, JonStark said:

I watched the first two and caught the last one this morning. That Philly gym is looking really nice lately. 

I feel like these fights are a much better betting opportunity than the big cards lately. 

Yeah Philly is definitely a booming region. They need to do a card there, that Philly crowd would get behind them big time and the event would be electric. 

The net is cast much wider for this show compared to the UFC where the talent pool is more concentrated so you're gonna get mismatches sometimes. Next week I like Charlie Campbell and Waldo Cortes-Acosta, both have been dynamite on the regional scene and I can almost guarantee next weeks card will be 10x better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah Philly is definitely a booming region. They need to do a card there, that Philly crowd would get behind them big time and the event would be electric. 

The net is cast much wider for this show compared to the UFC where the talent pool is more concentrated so you're gonna get mismatches sometimes. Next week I like Charlie Campbell and Waldo Cortes-Acosta, both have been dynamite on the regional scene and I can almost guarantee next weeks card will be 10x better.

They could definitely fill a fight night with local guys, although they should've had the Brady/Belal fight headline it. I'm right outside of Philly so I'd love to get back to an event. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

They could definitely fill a fight night with local guys, although they should've had the Brady/Belal fight headline it. I'm right outside of Philly so I'd love to get back to an event. 

Yeah but that Abu Dhabi card is looking insane. 

You ever check out the CFFC events out there? Most of those Philly guys came out of that promotion and they put on good scraps.

36 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah but that Abu Dhabi card is looking insane. 

You ever check out the CFFC events out there? Most of those Philly guys came out of that promotion and they put on good scraps.

I haven't but I might have to. I almost went to the last Fury grappling match that Holland had a while ago but couldn't make it. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)