The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

Agree. Maybe it's my bias of not really being a fan of either but it felt exactly as you said. Anticlimactic 

I’m not a fan of either, just due to the style….but both times I’ve been at least leaning towards roooting Usman, he’s lost lol.

the other time I was 110% behind him was the Masvidal fight….one of the most enjoyable KOs in mma history 

Usman honestly looked extremely timid throughout the fight….that head kick was definitely on his mind as he was very hesitant to engage when Leon was backing up, and was never fully committed when throwing his strikes either. 

33 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Usman honestly looked extremely timid throughout the fight….that head kick was definitely on his mind as he was very hesitant to engage when Leon was backing up, and was never fully committed when throwing his strikes either. 

That alone made leon piece him up with body kicks and jabs the whole fight. It was anticlimactic but it definitely wasn't boring 

4 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I think the head kick was definitely on his mind, but I didn’t expect him to be able to win a striking battle with Leon. I was more surprised at how ineffective Usmans wrestling was. Their last fight, Usman was able to get Leon down and hold him down several times but Leon shut it down tonight. 

Credit to Leon, his TDD looked great but I also believe father time and mileage have taken their toll on Usman. He just didnt look the same. Hes not a great wrestler anymore. 

I actually think Colby is a better matchup for Leon at this point.

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think the head kick was definitely on his mind, but I didn’t expect him to be able to win a striking battle with Leon. I was more surprised at how ineffective Usmans wrestling was. Their last fight, Usman was able to get Leon down and hold him down several times but Leon shut it down tonight. 

Credit to Leon, his TDD looked great but I also believe father time and mileage have taken their toll on Usman. He just didnt look the same. Hes not a great wrestler anymore. 

I actually think Colby is a better matchup for Leon at this point.

The fact that Dana is giving Colby the next shot is terrible 

9 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Absolutely I feel bad for Belal. It looks like he not only wont get a TS but Dana mentioned feeding him to Shavkat next.

Good. I hope Shavkat whoops him. Belal is boring as hell.

I think they're giving Colby a shot to try and beat Leon so they can do Mcgregor-Colby because the promo would be WILD. Colby would wipe the floor with Conor though so it wouldn't be very competitive 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Good. I hope Shavkat whoops him. Belal is boring as hell.

I think they're giving Colby a shot to try and beat Leon so they can do Mcgregor-Colby because the promo would be WILD. Colby would wipe the floor with Conor though so it wouldn't be very competitive 

They called Leon boring before he got his shot. Im not the biggest Belal fan bur he has won 8-9 in a row cant deny him for much longer. Tough matchup for him in Shavkat though. I dont see anyone beating him. 

Colby McGregror build up would be insane lol WWE like 

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

They called Leon boring before he got his shot. Im not the biggest Belal fan bur he has won 8-9 in a row cant deny him for much longer. Tough matchup for him in Shavkat though. I dont see anyone beating him. 

Colby McGregror build up would be insane lol WWE like 

Yeah buildup great, right would be terrible. He'd do the same to Mcgregor as he did to George 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)