The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

16 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Chandler fighting Hooker at 257.  Welcome to the ufc amigo....good luck!

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/01/ufc-257-michael-chandler-debut-vs-dan-hooker-mma-fight-booking-lightweight

Now that its booked as the 3 rounder it should be fireworks start to finish. Idk who to pick, with Hooker being in back to back wars, I wonder if he'll be good to go

Thoughts on Holland vs Brunson? It makes sense given the banter and the fact Brunson seems to be the next level gatekeeper for Holland. Is anyone concerned about Holland being taken down at will? I know what Holland did to Jacare was awesome but you cant expect a KO from the bottom every time and Jacare got him down so easily

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Seems kind of obvious right? Do Bronx took no damage in the Ferguson fight and Gaethje is ahead of him and needs a dance partner. 

This should be very interesting. We saw Gaethje have no clue on the ground vs Khabib(although who does vs him?) Wonder if Oliveira will rag doll him like he did with Ferguson and finish him on the ground

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

he'll do fookin nuttin 

Stupid question, but is there a difference between pirating and streaming? I thought that pirating was the person doing the broadcasting and making profit off it (which they could get in trouble for), but streaming was just watching their broadcast which would be tough to bring a case on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Stupid question, but is there a difference between pirating and streaming? I thought that pirating was the person doing the broadcasting and making profit off it (which they could get in trouble for), but streaming was just watching their broadcast which would be tough to bring a case on. 

oh yeah i never realized, but that sounds right to me tbh lol. i'm prolly gonna get arrested for my own ignorance on how things/laws work tho, so i dunno 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, big poppa pump said:

Chandler fighting Hooker at 257.  Welcome to the ufc amigo....good luck!

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/01/ufc-257-michael-chandler-debut-vs-dan-hooker-mma-fight-booking-lightweight

Should be a fun fight. If Poirier pulls out I wonder if which of Chandler or Hooker they let replace him in the main event. 

10 hours ago, JonStark said:

I believe you're correct. Pirating is essentially stealing and broadcasting it for a profit while streaming is just watching it for free. In the new stimulus bill that just passed they increased the potential punishment for both though I believe. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 3:55 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thoughts on Holland vs Brunson? It makes sense given the banter and the fact Brunson seems to be the next level gatekeeper for Holland. Is anyone concerned about Holland being taken down at will? I know what Holland did to Jacare was awesome but you cant expect a KO from the bottom every time and Jacare got him down so easily

Should be interesting to see if Brunson can impose his will on him. In 11 UFC fights he has been taken down 19 times (52% TD defense) so Brunson will likely be able to get him down. 

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd assume its Chandler but maybe they want a standup war and throw Hooker at him. Not sure they want to sacrifice Chandler's first fight vs Conor

I think they'd learn towards Chandler as he was also supposed to be the replacement if one of Gathe/Khabib pulled out.