The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

12 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i think there's some ****ery in PFL. spend all night hyping ray cooper iii, talking about how fun a potential rory match-up would be and then give the decision to tibau to set up the RC3 and Macdonald match up after rory just ****in used tibau as a punching bag for 15 minutes dude. that's crazy i still can't get over that. if anything, i hope that rory bolts outta there and back to the ufc now once this season ends. 

lol people keep editing Rory's wiki page giving him the win

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:50 AM, NYRaider said:

Luke Rockhold said he was offered a main event fight at 185 vs Chimaev but Chimaev turned it down. 

Really weird considering Chimaev hasn't fought anyone of note. You'd think he's take the lionheart approach and take some names down ala Rashad/Shogun otw to a title

Not going to spoil anything on TUF but what kills me the most about the show especially this one isnt the gut-wrenching stories they have but just these weird post-fight embraces. 1 dude's dream just got shattered, its painful to watch the victor come over and talk all nice about the other dude. Its different than watching a UFC card because at least those guys made it to the UFC for at least 1 fight

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd love to see it but it doesnt make any sense. Cody is still too high up there, Sean needs another win or 2, or Cody needs another L

If he smokes Smolka on the Conor card to open the show I think he'll jump super high in the UFC's rankings. The UFC was going to do Edwards vs Chimaev. When Edwards is and was at the time the #3 ranked fighter in the division and on a crazy winning streak while Chimaev had 3 wins on the prelims, lol. If O'Malley wins his next fight he'll be 6-1 in the UFC, with his only loss being that questionable leg thing, and while Cody is #5/former champ, he's 1-4 in his last 5 UFC bouts. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If he smokes Smolka on the Conor card to open the show I think he'll jump super high in the UFC's rankings. The UFC was going to do Edwards vs Chimaev. When Edwards is and was at the time the #3 ranked fighter in the division and on a crazy winning streak while Chimaev had 3 wins on the prelims, lol. If O'Malley wins his next fight he'll be 6-1 in the UFC, with his only loss being that questionable leg thing, and while Cody is #5/former champ, he's 1-4 in his last 5 UFC bouts. 

I still think there is no rush with O'Malley because Bantamweight is stalled right now anyways like you mentioned. 

We have Petr/Aljo next then winner of TJ/Cory, there's still Font and Figgy might be moving up sooner than later. 

I feel like putting him in that fight just further log jams him into taking lesser fights later on. Might as well keep building him up

25 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I still think there is no rush with O'Malley because Bantamweight is stalled right now anyways like you mentioned. 

We have Petr/Aljo next then winner of TJ/Cory, there's still Font and Figgy might be moving up sooner than later. 

I feel like putting him in that fight just further log jams him into taking lesser fights later on. Might as well keep building him up

Sterling said he'll be at 100% next month so they could do the rematch in the fall. Then you have to assume that the winner of TJ/Cory gets the next title shot. If O'Malley is able to get the fight finished quickly I'd love to see him fight again soon against Dominick Cruz. If he can beat Cruz then do Font/O'Malley for the #1 contender spot while the winner of Aljo/Yan and TJ/Cory fight for the belt.