The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So Gaethje is the biggest loser in all this right

Not necessarily. I mean he was kinda in limbo before this, while Tony-Khabib was still on, anyway. Now we know he's in the mix, and he's probably in Dana's good graces for being willing to take the fight on short notice. He should be in line for either a fight with Conor, or stepping in to fight Tony if Khabib isn't ready to go, once we're back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Masvidal is likely going to fight Usman next. The original plan before all of this was Gathje vs Conor in July according to Conor's coach. That sets up well now. I just don't really see what Tony does next considering that Khabib likely won't be ready to fight until September.

I thought Khabibs timeline would be August? I think its foolish for Ferguson to take another fight before Khabib. 

On 4/12/2020 at 9:08 PM, NYRaider said:

Masvidal is likely going to fight Usman next. The original plan before all of this was Gathje vs Conor in July according to Conor's coach. That sets up well now. I just don't really see what Tony does next considering that Khabib likely won't be ready to fight until September.

whenever that happens masvidal is going to get destroyed by usman. honestly the smart thing is for Jorge to avoid that fight and keep up the charade that the belt doesnt matter and hes the money guy.

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You just think he lives on his back?

or he gets smothered standing. Hes a good fighter, easily top 10. but he isnt elite. he likely works over guys like edwards, maia and maybe even rda. but any real top 5 guy, and a couple of the up and comers i think handle him somewhat easily.

Supposed full lineup for the proposed May 9th card that would take place at the UFC Apex. Uncle Dana is trying to get the same treatment as Vince McMahon in Florida with the whole "essential" business stuff.

Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje – interim lightweight title fight
Henry Cejudo vs. Dominick Cruz – bantamweight title fight
Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer – featherweight title fight
Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro
Alexey Oleynik vs. Fabricio Werdum
Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza vs. Uriah Hall
Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
Charles Rosa vs. Bryce Mitchell

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Supposed full lineup for the proposed May 9th card that would take place at the UFC Apex. Uncle Dana is trying to get the same treatment as Vince McMahon in Florida with the whole "essential" business stuff.

Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje – interim lightweight title fight
Henry Cejudo vs. Dominick Cruz – bantamweight title fight
Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer – featherweight title fight
Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro
Alexey Oleynik vs. Fabricio Werdum
Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza vs. Uriah Hall
Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
Charles Rosa vs. Bryce Mitchell

GIVE FLORIDA ALL THE CARDS 

im hyped 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I don’t understand why they will rebook Ferguson-Gaethje? 

I get that Gaethje stepped up etc but it’s the Khabib/Ferguson fight we all want to see. If fights can continue when they do then surely that’s the fight to make? 

I don't think Khabib can leave Russia. Then he has Ramadan. So he won't be able to fight for a couple months anyways.

Edited by 11sanchez11

13 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

or he gets smothered standing. Hes a good fighter, easily top 10. but he isnt elite. he likely works over guys like edwards, maia and maybe even rda. but any real top 5 guy, and a couple of the up and comers i think handle him somewhat easily.

Is Usman takes the same shots from Jorge that he took from Colby he’d be floored