The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

sure but i thought it was consensus that max beat him last fight iirc? 

also usman

The moment Jon Jones sign a contract the inactivity card ends and Jones goes top 3 P4P.. 

He failed the good samaritan test but his dominance is still relevant 

12 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Does Volk have an argument for P4P #1?

I can’t really think of any arguments against it.

Definitely between him and Usman.

I'll go Usman still.  Splitting hairs but Volk, as great as he is, was more in danger of losing some of his recent fights imo. Ortega dropped him and had two chokes on him that literally anyone else would tap to. And Max dropped him twice in their second fight and arguably won that fight as well.

Usmans resume also got a bit stronger tonight after Burns-Khamzat, imo. I do believe Volk skill for skill Volk is #1 right now,  though. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Definitely between him and Usman.

I'll go Usman still.  Splitting hairs but Volk, as great as he is, was more in danger of losing some of his recent fights imo. Ortega dropped him and had two chokes on him that literally anyone else would tap to. And Max dropped him twice in their second fight and arguably won that fight as well.

Usmans resume also got a bit stronger tonight after Burns-Khamzat, imo. I do believe Volk skill for skill Volk is #1 right now,  though. 

Skill for skill, it's Volk. Beating Max twice is more impressive than just about anything Usman has done in terms of competition but Usman took shots from Colby and early from Burns.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

The moment Jon Jones sign a contract the inactivity card ends and Jones goes top 3 P4P.. 

He failed the good samaritan test but his dominance is still relevant 

I still don't get how Bones can be at the top when he's only finished one fight since getting popped, taking Santos, Smith, and Reyes to decisions (one which I thought he lost). 

He's got the talent to be there but nothing he's done in the last 3-4 years warrants him over the top guys, including Volk. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I still don't get how Bones can be at the top when he's only finished one fight since getting popped, taking Santos, Smith, and Reyes to decisions (one which I thought he lost). 

He's got the talent to be there but nothing he's done in the last 3-4 years warrants him over the top guys, including Volk. 

For me it's about resume and everything Jones done in the past 3-4 years is more impressive than anything Usman has done against Masvidal. Personally I think Volk should be above Usman. 

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

No, I got Usman still, then Jon Jones. 

I consider Jon Jones a weird top 5-7 range just because he’s been out for so long and I don’t know if he’s lost a step a bit. 

I’ve got Volks striking ahead of Usmans by a good bit, and Usmans wrestling ahead by the same margin. 

Everything else is pretty even, both have great gas tanks, with Volk maybe being a bit better. 

I think it’s pretty even matchup P4P

8 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I hope Khamzat whoops on Usman just because I'm tired of how corny Usman is. 

I also think that Khamzat would be a better fighter at 185 than he is at 170

After seeing Chimaev last night I think Usman should be the favorite by a decent margin.

Dont get me wrong Chimaev proved he is elite, but the jump in competition showed that he’s human.

37 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

After seeing Chimaev last night I think Usman should be the favorite by a decent margin.

Dont get me wrong Chimaev proved he is elite, but the jump in competition showed that he’s human.

Yea Chimaev cemented himself and will be a draw but hes human. WW division is gonna be fun. Everyone sleeping on Leon Edwards and word is Conor is coming permanently 

As for Jones I'm not ready to put Volk ahead yet. Debate will be moot with Jones out but I expect a motivated Jon Jones to return and I think he'll technically dismantle Stipe Miocic considering that's the most logical fight for him

He wins his next fight he jumps Usman in rankings 

Edited by BillsGuy82