The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I expect Belal to be wrestle heavy vs Luque. He knows he doesnt have anything for Vincente on the feet. Eventually i think Luque will catch him and finish him again. I think the winner of this fight will fight Chimaev if Colby ducks like im expecting him to.

McKee vs Pitbull is the fight im most excited about. I expect McKee to win but im hoping Pitbull puts up more of a fight. McKee making 145 looks like it's getting harder and harder for him. Will be interesting to see if that plays a role.

Kind of obvious on both right? I mean Belal's whole strategy for every fight is wrestle heavy. Colby ducking Chimaev basically means he forfeits any opportunity at the next 2 title shots

Also, Pitbull didnt put up a fight at all, can only go 1 way but up now?

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Usman is a much more patient fighter, though. Chimaev comes in trying to knock dudes out right away.

I would be interested to see how Colby fights a guy like that who is trying to knock his head off from the get go,  and he probably can't take Khamzat down early in the fight. Colby would have to survive hell for the first couple rounds before Chimaev starts to gas out. Would be a very interesting fight. 

Chimaev's size advantage will be massive as well, dude is a monster at 170. I don't think Colby's style matches up well with him at all because he's literally just looking to grind guys out. He doesn't have the submissions to finish guys when he gets them down or the power to put them out with strikes. So he'd have to really just pray for early takedowns but even then there's a chance he gets submitted. 

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Colby ducking Chimaev basically means he forfeits any opportunity at the next 2 title shots

Has he said that he doesn't want the fight? Usman is getting older so who knows how much longer he'll be fighting and hasn't he been dealing with a bunch of injuries recently? Plus as great as their two fights were I don't really see Dana doing Usman/Colby again anytime soon unless Colby just absolutely wrecks Chimaev. 

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Has he said that he doesn't want the fight? Usman is getting older so who knows how much longer he'll be fighting and hasn't he been dealing with a bunch of injuries recently? Plus as great as their two fights were I don't really see Dana doing Usman/Colby again anytime soon unless Colby just absolutely wrecks Chimaev. 

Oh I have no idea, I was just commenting on the "ducking" comment. Colby needs to beat a legit threat to the title. Colby hasn't beaten anyone that is ascending in the division(Leon-Luque-Chimaev-Belal-Burns)

His wins are: 

Masvidal-Woodley-Lawler-RDA-Maia

So 3 older over the hill WWs and 2 career LWs who are also older

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Oh I have no idea, I was just commenting on the "ducking" comment. Colby needs to beat a legit threat to the title. Colby hasn't beaten anyone that is ascending in the division(Leon-Luque-Chimaev-Belal-Burns)

His wins are: 

Masvidal-Woodley-Lawler-RDA-Maia

So 3 older over the hill WWs and 2 career LWs who are also older

Betting lines are already being released and Dana said that they want them to headline the next big ABC card so I'm sure that will be his next opponent. 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Betting lines are already being released and Dana said that they want them to headline the next big ABC card so I'm sure that will be his next opponent. 

Where do you see the lines? Also I just saw the Whittaker lines jumped from -200 to -260 smh. -200 is easy money. Vettori isnt winning that one 

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Where do you see the lines? Also I just saw the Whittaker lines jumped from -200 to -260 smh. -200 is easy money. Vettori isnt winning that one 

Actually the lines just moved again with Covington at +135/Chimaev at -155 on BetOnline. They have Whittaker at -260 as well. 

On 4/12/2022 at 4:00 PM, NYRaider said:

Colby opened up as a slight betting favorite against Chimaev, I believe -115. 

I'd bet so many people will jump on Chimaev (understandably so) that eventually Colby will get value as a dog in a pick em situation. Bet with your brain, not your heart 

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'd bet so many people will jump on Chimaev (understandably so) that eventually Colby will get value as a dog in a pick em situation. Bet with your brain, not your heart 

He's already at +135, wouldn't surprise me if he's at +200 when the fight rolls around.