The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I cant make that make sense...I dont understand why he is getting the shot. He isnt even a crazy PPV draw either

He and Uncle Dana share some viewpoints is all I got. I hope Leon wins. Covington has like 2 wins over active UFC fighters ffs. 

9 hours ago, JonStark said:

What a letdown for an awesome night of fights. Fiziev is elite but losing a war to Gaethje and blowing out his knee is really going to set him back. Wonder if Gamrot gets someone like Poirier next. 

Also never saw a ref stop a fight mid round to check a cut. Marina probably finishes it round 1 if not for that.

And man Bryce is crazy, but he's pretty good. 

Was it the knee? I thought it was his foot?

We’ve had way too many injury stoppages in high profile fights lately

Ortega v Yair

Kattar v Allen

Rakic v Jan

Aspinall v Blaydes

Fiziev v Gamrot

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was it the knee? I thought it was his foot?

We’ve had way too many injury stoppages in high profile fights lately

Ortega v Yair

Kattar v Allen

Rakic v Jan

Aspinall v Blaydes

Fiziev v Gamrot

I thought they said it was the opposite knee that went when he was throwing the kick, but might have heard wrong. 

Anyone else a little sick of the hype for this Jones-Miocic fight?

Jon is trying to sell it like he's fighting prime Fedor, and not a 41 year old part time Firefighter.

It's a fun 'name' fight, which I think there should be more of in MMA- but it's far from what anyone expects to be a competitive matchup. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Anyone else a little sick of the hype for this Jones-Miocic fight?

Jon is trying to sell it like he's fighting prime Fedor, and not a 41 year old part time Firefighter.

It's a fun 'name' fight, which I think there should be more of in MMA- but it's far from what anyone expects to be a competitive matchup. 

If Bones really is retiring I’m fine with it but if he’s sticking around its a lil more annoying bc there are actually legit contenders at HW for a change 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Bones really is retiring I’m fine with it but if he’s sticking around its a lil more annoying bc there are actually legit contenders at HW for a change 

This is a pretty good point. If it's some ceremonial fun sendoff for Jon then it actually makes sense. I just would prefer for it to be marketed that way, and not as some crazy dangerous legacy defining GOAT vs GOAT tilt.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This is a pretty good point. If it's some ceremonial fun sendoff for Jon then it actually makes sense. I just would prefer for it to be marketed that way, and not as some crazy dangerous legacy defining GOAT vs GOAT tilt.

I mean they have to market the fight and Stipe has a claim to the HW GOAT status in the UFC for sure

On 9/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Boring Belal vs Usman has been booked to headline a UFC Fight Night 

Call me crazy, but I don't think beating Usman gets Belal any closer to a title shot, especially if Shavkat beats Wonderboy.